2 of Bochenski, J. Carter or Vanek in Rookie Scoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
I'm in a hockey pool for points and need 4 rookies, i'm taking Crosby and Ovechkin for sure obviously.

I was going to take Carter and Vanek as my 3rd and 4th but am seriously considering taking Bochenski from Ottawa b/c he'll likely be on the top line w/ Spezza and Heatley.

How many points will Carter, Vanek and Bochenski get this year? Is there anyone else I should be considering w/ my 3rd and 4th rookies (don't say Crosby or Ovechkin).

I'm guessing: (numbers may all be slightly higher if league scoring goes up past 6.0 goals per game where i'm expecting it to be at)

Carter 20g 30a 50pts
Vanek 25g 20a 45pts
Bochenski 25g 25a 50pts ..... I don't have a clue about this guy, just watching him in highlights and the fact that he'll be w/ Heatley and Spezza makes me really want to pick him

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
Bochenski is a risky, but potentially awesome pick. I can see him scoring anywere from under 10 pts and getting sent back to the minors to 80+ pts playing with Spezza and Heatley all year.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I predict Bo to stick with the team and play with Spezza-Heatley. With a player like him, he either plays on the scoring line or he gets sent down. Simply put, he is a natural goal-scorer and that's the only role he has known thus far in his hockey career.

I predict 45-65 points from this rookie, with 20+ goals.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Boom or Bust. Bochenski has the potential to score a lot this season but could also be sent down. Its about whether or not you'll take the gamble.

pooler99

Sep 28, 2002
Krynn
Visit site
Bileur said:
Boom or Bust. Bochenski has the potential to score a lot this season but could also be sent down. Its about whether or not you'll take the gamble.
Agreed on this one the other two are safer bets...The safest IMO is Vanek pretty sure he'll stick all year...All 3 will see 1st line duties while i'm not sure at all Bochenski will see PP time

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Stick with Carter or Vanek, Bochenski is this years Jason King, he'll be in the minors by Christmas.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eb0la11 said:
Stick with Carter or Vanek, Bochenski is this years Jason King, he'll be in the minors by Christmas.

I agree with this. There isn't enough room for Bochenski on Ottawa. Go with Carter and Vanek, both will get good ice time

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
go kim johnsson 514 said:
I agree with this. There isn't enough room for Bochenski on Ottawa. Go with Carter and Vanek, both will get good ice time

While I agree to go with Carter and Vanek you are wrong about Bochenski.

Ottawa actually isnt that deep upfront.

Spezza
Heatley
Havlat
Alfredsson
Smolinski
Fisher
Schaefer
Vermette
Neil
Varada

Are the only nhl proven forwards on the team. Plus Varada is injured for six weeks. If you take into account injuries and stuff I dont see Bochenski getting sent down any time soon. He has terrific chemistry with Spezza. After Heatley, Havlat and Alfredsson Ottawa doesnt have any proven goal scorers. And Bochenski is just that, he has a very heavy shot with a terrific release. He is not a very strong skater but he pays the price to score goals and knows where to go. Plus he plays left and right wing, Ottawa has very little depth on the left wing. Vermette also doenst have very good chemistry with Spezza so dont expect him to bump Bochenski. Varada has no hands so he isnt a threat either.

Bochenski Spezza Heatley
Havlat Smolinski Alfredsson
Schaefer Vermette Fisher
Mcgratton Kelly Neil

Is the likely starting line up this season. Vermette and Neil have been switched back and forth on the 3rd line.

If Bochenski gets to play with Spezza and Heatley for the whole season I expect 20-30 goals. He led all AHL rookies in scoring last year and before that he led the NCAA in scoring. Its not like he doesnt know how to score. But still blue chippers like Carter and Vanek are not the kindof players you skip no matter how hot a guy looks.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
why would they put bochenski on the first line if hes a rookie.
i go with Vanek and Carter.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Eb0la11 said:

Well said.
It's preseason, don't get excited over him already, wait till december at least.

Shattered

Jul 30, 2005
You might want to consider Michalek from the Sharks.

He will get first and second line minutes all year, and more than enough PP time to get him into that 50 point range.

Egil

Mar 6, 2002
Visit site
They didn't but Bochenski next to Spezza and Heatley for ***** and giggles. If they wanted a fourth liner out of Bochenski, he would be playing with 4th liners so they could get a read on him. Instead, he was put next to Spezza and Heatley to see if he could hack it (and it appears that he can).

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Egil said:
They didn't but Bochenski next to Spezza and Heatley for ***** and giggles. If they wanted a fourth liner out of Bochenski, he would be playing with 4th liners so they could get a read on him. Instead, he was put next to Spezza and Heatley to see if he could hack it (and it appears that he can).
And it appears Jon Sim is a bonafide NHL goal scorer and a few years back Brendl looked like he was primed to dominate the NHL. Carter is clearly better and will also be playing with even better players (as hard as that is to believe with who Bochenski will be playing with). Vanek should get tons of ice time and he's a great goal scorer. In fact, I think Carter and Vanek will be the top two goal scoring rookies in the NHL this year, stick with them.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Forsberg better be healthy then because I guarantee that Spezza and Heatley outscore Gagne this season.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
bert said:
Forsberg better be healthy then because I guarantee that Spezza and Heatley outscore Gagne this season.

Yeah, Forsberg occupies a big part of Carter's rookie scoring title aspirations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad