Not open for further replies.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Wally112pac said:
Ruutu isn't like that. He's not yashin.

No he's not Yashin...

but he is like that...

and really who wouldn't be in his shoes. You misrepresent Ruutu trying to reach his bonuses as a bad thing.

Really it's not a bad thing at all. It's not like he doesn't care if the team wins. He wants to win. But it's human nature....did you see him go crazy the other night to the refs when they weren't going to give him a goal that he scored?

He cares...and I think it's great that he cares. He's still a good teamate and leader...and yeah nothing like Yashin.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
The kid has 20 points in the last 14 games..has a rookie ever gone on a stretch like that?

Well probably but man alive icetime and confidence in his knee has done wonders...

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
psycho_dad said:
Yeah I usually can agree with Vlad, but I think Tuomo WILL be a 70 point player, with 90+ upside. It is his first year, he played most of it injured and he is still close to scoring 50 points. On top of that he is one of the best open ice hitters in the league.

I could understand if Vlad meant he does not have 70 point potential because he might not play more than 60 games a year due to his style....but if he plays 80 games, he will be a 70+ in my opinion. He will only get better, and if his current ability is almost 1ppg.....

The Tootoo comment was right. But I cant even imagine anyone would think Tootoo is equal or even close. I have not seen nashville fans say that, but that one would send me rolling on the floor laughing.

His current ability is almost 1 ppg? Take the season as a whole, not as a half. Certainly his hot streak is remarkable but we shouldn't just excuse his start as if it never happened. Because if it didnt happen that way, he would be the run away favorite for the Calder.

And his ability to be a top open ice hitter (which he is) doesnt have anything to do with the amount of points he may score.

All of us could be wrong, but on this one I agree with Vladdy.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Qubax said:
The kid has 20 points in the last 14 games..has a rookie ever gone on a stretch like that?

Well probably but man alive icetime and confidence in his knee has done wonders...

Alot of them have. A whole lot actually.

Mario
Gretz
and Selanne come to mind immediatley.

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Qubax said:
No he's not Yashin...

but he is like that...

and really who wouldn't be in his shoes. You misrepresent Ruutu trying to reach his bonuses as a bad thing.

Really it's not a bad thing at all. It's not like he doesn't care if the team wins. He wants to win. But it's human nature....did you see him go crazy the other night to the refs when they weren't going to give him a goal that he scored?

He cares...and I think it's great that he cares. He's still a good teamate and leader...and yeah nothing like Yashin.

Havlat did the same thing last season.

Ofcourse he wants his money. All rookies do. Did you see how bumed Spezza was because he spent half the year in the AHL last season?

Wally112pac

Dec 26, 2003
Canada
Visit site
stardog said:
His current ability is almost 1 ppg? Take the season as a whole, not as a half. Certainly his hot streak is remarkable but we shouldn't just excuse his start as if it never happened. Because if it didnt happen that way, he would be the run away favorite for the Calder.

I don't think you can call it a steak. He's been hot ever since the end of December. 35 games.

It's more of a wicked 2nd half.

It's just a shame it took him the 1st half to get over his knee. Otherwise it would be Ruutu, Raycroft, Ryder for Calder voting.

Last edited:

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
stardog said:
Alot of them have. A whole lot actually.

Mario
Gretz
and Selanne come to mind immediatley.

Okay well I mean that' s my point really.

He's being mentioned in the same breathe as those guys.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
It's not a streak, but an incredible second half..

I see him as a 60-70 point guy, with one career year at say 90 points if the NHL scoring goes up (and Chicago improves)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad