2-Hour ISS Draft Preview TONIGHT!

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Interesting so far. For those who can't listen right now I think they turn it into a podcast format later. I sent in a question about Eller and Hjalmarsson.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
That part about Pittsburgh/Sutter was pretty interesting. I wonder if they'll take him if he is available.

Ya thats been one of the best so far, when Oke talked about his positive atributes like finding pucks in a scrum you could really tell that he knew what he was talking about and that hes seen Brandon play several times

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
For those that can't listen right now, the show will be archived at www.thepipelineshow.com.

Guy, is usually pretty good at putting the shows up once he wraps them up (usually up on Monday night, or Tuesday morning).

This has been an awesome show, and gives a very good rundown of all the top prospects.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
That's my question about Hjalmarsson.

When I mentioned Korpikoski in the email it wasn't a comparison of style, but Korpikoski seemed to rise up the charts in the last month before the month and continued to rise into the top 20.

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
The only thing that Kopitar and Eller have in common is that they are both from non traditional hockey coutries. Eller does not have as much potential as Kopitar and they're style of play is not similar either. I don't know why people keep saying that Eller might be the next Kopitar. :help:

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
The only thing that Kopitar and Eller have in common is that they are both from non traditional hockey coutries. Eller does not have as much potential as Kopitar and they're style of play is not similar either. I don't know why people keep saying that Eller might be the next Kopitar. :help:

I don't know about most, but I see a comparison in that Kopitar dropped because of his nationality (I still get mad about passing on him for Lee). Eller may be lower in the rankings as well because he is Danish. It would be interesting to know where were Eller would be ranked if he were Swedish.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

It's definitely because they come from non-traditional countries, and that some people might be scared off by these players because of that fact.

I think those kind of stereotypes are prevalent in scouting. How many times do you hear "so and so Swede" is like Forsberg, or a "future Fedorov" for a Russian, or a "future Hemsky" for a Czech. Whether people want to admit it or not, I think its fair to assume that players are often. labelled based on where they come from.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Esposito and Cherapanov out of Oke's top 10...

Patrick Kane #1 to the Hawks
Kyle Turris #2 to the Flyers.

I won't post the rest, because I don't want to ruin it for those that want to listen.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
ISS Head Scout Top 10 Mock

10 - Florida - Petrecki
9 - St. Louis - Maclean
8 - Boston - Sweatt
7 - Columbus - Ellerby
6 - Edmonton - Gagner
5 - Washington - Alzner
4 - LA - Voracek
3 - Phoenix - JVR