Pre-Game Talk: 2/26/12 Pens v Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The Kid Line will have to find a way to win this game for us. Vokoun had a horrible game against Philly so this is his redemption game and I hope we can light him up somehow.

I think Guds will have a target on his back all game but I feel he can hold his own when it comes to dropping the gloves.

Theo needs a stellar game and hopefully the refs are a tad more impartial.

Haven't seen Timmins in a while, anybody know how he's been playing lately?

Limit the penalties and let's at least fight for a full 60min. Anything can happen when we play a solid game all around.

STILL BELIEVING AND STILL SEEING RED

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Haven't seen Timmins in a while, anybody know how he's been playing lately?

STILL BELIEVING AND STILL SEEING RED

Missed a couple of weeks with a nasty back injury after slamming into a stanchion.

Been back 2 or 3 weeks now.

Good in the circle & great PK'er who plays with a ton of energy and speed. Will work his butt off every single shift. Goes into the corners and to the net and is a very good backchecker.

I wouldn't expect much offense from him. Has an underrated shot and is a good enough passer, but he's usually put with other grinder types. Perfect 4th line center with the right linemates. I really think the one thing holding him back is his size.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the info, Timmins' profile on NHL.com says he hasn't played a game this year at all? Strange :huh:

EDIT: Found his stats on hockey db.
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/-
2012-13 San Antonio Rampage* AHL 47 9 7 16 40 -2

We do need more grit, effort and toughness with puck battles.

You think Bjugstad will play in SA for a year or two before cracking the lineup for Florida? I'd hope a year at most because we need his size and offensive skills badly.

The quote for this season for any team should be "HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?!?

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Missed a couple of weeks with a nasty back injury after slamming into a stanchion.

Been back 2 or 3 weeks now.

Good in the circle & great PK'er who plays with a ton of energy and speed. Will work his butt off every single shift. Goes into the corners and to the net and is a very good backchecker.

I wouldn't expect much offense from him. Has an underrated shot and is a good enough passer, but he's usually put with other grinder types. Perfect 4th line center with the right linemates. I really think the one thing holding him back is his size.

Perhaps he can be our Smithson next season.

-ghoste

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
So is Guds going to have to fight over that "vicious" hit he put on Malkin? God between him and Weaver we have turned into a team of goons.

No I don't think so. It wasn't dirty or viscous. Malkin lost an edge, in real time game speed, some Pens players tried to stand up for Geno, but the Penguins players pretty much agree there was no dirty play or intent to injure. I don't see a Penguin picking a fight with Gudbranson or him having to "answer the bell".

Pens lines at practice.

Kunitz-Crosby-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Bennett-Jeffrey-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Orpik-Martin
Niskanen-Letang
Despres-Engelland

Vokoun in goal as you guys already know.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
No I don't think so. It wasn't dirty or viscous. Malkin lost an edge, in real time game speed, some Pens players tried to stand up for Geno, but the Penguins players pretty much agree there was no dirty play or intent to injure. I don't see a Penguin picking a fight with Gudbranson or him having to "answer the bell".

Pens lines at practice.

Kunitz-Crosby-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Bennett-Jeffrey-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Orpik-Martin
Niskanen-Letang
Despres-Engelland

Vokoun in goal as you guys already know.

Agree

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
You think Bjugstad will play in SA for a year or two before cracking the lineup for Florida? I'd hope a year at most because we need his size and offensive skills badly.
[/B]

Depending on what DT does in the offseason, I think Bjugstad will be given a chance to make the team out of camp. I think he starts the season in San Antonio, but is the first forward called up.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
had to drop this here, from ESPN...

Calgary’s Jay Bouwmeester will play his 735th career game tonight. That might not seem like a big deal, but he will now own the all-time mark for most regular season games played without appearing in a playoff game. Bouwmeester is currently tied with Guy Charron, who played 734 games from 1969-81 without making the playoffs.

It's funny because that number is just going to keep getting higher and higher.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Depending on what DT does in the offseason, I think Bjugstad will be given a chance to make the team out of camp. I think he starts the season in San Antonio, but is the first forward called up.

Ya I'd agree because Matthias and Weiss are FA's so I doubt we can afford to lose both of them.

Having only Shore and Goc locked up for next year leaves a lot more questions than answers at Center.

I just feel we need a stopgap Center for next year while Bjugstad transitions over. If Weiss doesnt resign or gets us a capable Center in a trade than we are left with Shore as our #1 and Goc as our #2? :shakehead

I'd be okay if Matthias was re-signed for 2 years. He is a capable 3rd or 4th line guy.

We desperately need an answer down the middle for next year. That's why I'm hesitant to trade Weiss unless he gives us a Center in return.

In two years I'll be fine with Bjugstad and Shore as our #1 and #2 though.

Last edited:

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Hahaha, it was pretty funny to see Bruins fans cry about.

Honestly, I don't blame them. Weaver is much smaller obviously, but that was a dirty and dangerous hit from behind and should have been called for boarding. Lucic is lucky he wasnt injured.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I'd like to say that the loss of Weiss would be devastating to the line-up and that we'll really notice his absence -- but I can't.

Line up is shot to hell, looks like a train wreck.

I expect the team to get steamrolled.

sorry for my negativity.

TroublesABruin

Jan 31, 2013
South Florida
that sucks. never a good time when that hits someone. hope everything goes well at the service. my condolences!

Hoping The Cats Can Pull out a big win! 5-3 win at the highest.. but 5 goals from the cats lately is like winning the lottery, 1 in a million haha

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
No Weiss.

Means we win?

No, cause we need to tank.

Or no Weiss means we get exposed again for our crappy offensive depth this season?

Means we lose?

Good? We need a high pick?

I'm so confused..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad