Injury Report: 2/22 Tennyson

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
I think being knocked unconscious literally means concussion.

tumblr_lq5mxuFBzR1qm6s2g.gif

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
12768317_10153570467607669_1192966666403056667_o.jpg

well at least he was up to congratulate the boys after the game, but he looks a little worse for wear

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The type of hit Tennyson took and knee on knees piss me off more than any kind of "headshot". I'm a bit more forgiving of headshots due to many of them just being unfortunate hits due to mistimings or other variables. Game moves so fast I'm shocked there aren't more of them. Reaves hit was completely uncalled for and unnecessary. He could have easily pinned him or squeezed on the puck side. Its just a stupid and dangerous play since his back was to him the whole time. No last second pivots or turns that you see sometimes.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Blues fan here. Bad hit, anticipating a deserved suspension. I hope Tennyson isn't out long.

I know its no consolation, but the last time anything like this happened in a Blues game has been years ago (I know you know exactly how long because it was also against the Sharks when Lapierre got suspended.)

I am not sure what Reaves was expecting, maybe that Tennyson was going to turn sideways and he'd catch his shoulder. Either way, bad judgement from a guy who has not normally committed borderline hits. If someone hit one of our guys like that, I'd be pretty angry (like "we just replaced your Folger's crystals" angry).

The Sharks are my second favorite team, which was cemented by the all-star events this year. I wish you luck.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Yup. I'm guessing 3-4 games, probably 3.

I'm hoping for 5, especially given that he's been disciplined once this year already for that spear into Kopitar's teeth. I was hoping for 10, as this is exactly the kind of hit they need to throw the book at because of how dangerous it is. Easily as potentially dangerous as a head shot.

I'd say I was disappointed in the DOPS, but that would require having any respect for them in the first place. I guess they spun their magic randomizing wheel and the number came up less than 6. Sad.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
I'm hoping for 5, especially given that he's been disciplined once this year already for that spear into Kopitar's teeth. I was hoping for 10, as this is exactly the kind of hit they need to throw the book at because of how dangerous it is. Easily as potentially dangerous as a head shot.

I'd say I was disappointed in the DOPS, but that would require having any respect for them in the first place. I guess they spun their magic randomizing wheel and the number came up less than 6. Sad.

As far as I know, he only got fined for that which does not make him a repeat offender to the DOPS under the CBA. I agree that it's exactly the kind of hit they are trying to eliminate and it was totally reckless of Reaves but I don't really have faith in the DOPS in giving him more than 4 games for it.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Yup 3 games for reeves. Not enough IMO

NHL Player Safety
1m1 minute ago
NHL Player Safety ‏@NHLPlayerSafety
St. Louis’ Ryan Reaves suspended three games for boarding San Jose’s Matt Tennyson. Video: http://******/YIt5s

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
I mean it's a pretty light punishment but honestly having Reaves in the lineup hurts the Blues far more anyway.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Yup, 3 games is what I expected. I wouldn't have minded seeing more to try to emphasize to players around the league that this kind of hit is reckless and unacceptable but it's pretty clear to me that the league is only interested in making an example of major repeat offenders (Torres).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad