2 + 2 for Columbus prospect !

Status
Not open for further replies.

#37-#93-#27*

I never knew he was a 'prospect'. Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else but isn't he an enforcer?

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
#37-#93-#27 said:
I never knew he was a 'prospect'. Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else but isn't he an enforcer?

Nope, he is a fast, mucker. Should be a good third liner for Columbus in the future. I've liked what little I've seen from him.

jacketracket*

He was the last player sent down last year---I think he'll stick w/the CBJ this year, especially if Sanderson can't go at the start.

Nederost hasn't really had a prolonged chance to show what he can do so far---he'd get called up, get a few shifts in a couple games, and then be sent back down. Hopefully, this game opens some eyes, and he stays up to begin the season.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
He's never been utilized in the proper role before when he's been called up to the big club.

Personally, I see him as a 'second line or bust' kind of guy. He doesn't have top line talent, but in my mind wont make the best checking line player as well. The second line seems like it could be a good fit for him.

Whether he gets a legit shot at it or not this season remains to be seen, but I'm guessing not.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
He's not going to get many more chances at making the big club. His game has evolved alot in the past three or so years, he throws the body more and plays defense to go along with the sick stickhandling. Against the Rags on Wed, he was busting down the far boards when de Vieres came over and put the clamps on him. Instead of diving or trying to get a call (de Vieres was pegged for the hold), he twisted around and threw de Vieres head first into the glass. He's getting some spunk, some fire into his game. But, like Vickers said, he's a second line guy only. Everytime he's been called up he's been placed on a lower line and you just don't waste that kind of talent down there. Buffalo did that with Sanderson before he became a Jacket. Still, having a ninth round pick be considered a "maybe" second liner is pretty good.

scout46

Jun 2, 2002
Calgary
jacketracket said:
He was the last player sent down last year---I think he'll stick w/the CBJ this year, especially if Sanderson can't go at the start.

Nederost hasn't really had a prolonged chance to show what he can do so far---he'd get called up, get a few shifts in a couple games, and then be sent back down. Hopefully, this game opens some eyes, and he stays up to begin the season.

...and I believe he was sent down only because of the way Pirjeta was playing at the time.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Well, I have always vehemently defended Nedorost on this board, and others as well. He's been my favorite prospect for quite sometime, and I've ALWAYS though the Jackets have misused him at the NHL level. His play is not suited for the 4th line. I'd love to see him on the first line if Sandy isn't ready at the start of the season, and maybe try him on RW on the 2nd line after Sandy comes back.

All I know is that we need to find a place for this guy, because he's a pretty solid player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->