GDT: 2/17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I don't blame Boston for reviewing, but Horvat is making a ton of effort to avoid Rask there. I think this should count, but I don't know what is goaltender interference anymore.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

53or8

Nov 20, 2016
It doesnt look like interference rask looks like he fell backwards

They gave it to baercheese

Cotton

May 13, 2013
No. I would say based on the Leafs not having a good defense.

Your top D pair to go vs Crosby would be Reilly and Hainsey....I'll take that all day.

And then you have Malkin...

And then you have Kessel on line 3 vs Polak. Lol.

Sid and Phil were non-factors, and Pittsburgh's D isn't any better. This game was more a result of Toronto having an off night and their D playing like a tire-fire than getting beat.

Hell, the amount of 2-on-1's, the two breakaways and the several saves from Murray that would be sure goals against most goaltenders AND the Leafs playing poorly? Be happy your team won, remember the season series is tied and try not to get carried away with how "awesome" and "unbeatable" they are, lol.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Sid and Phil were non-factors, and Pittsburgh's D isn't any better. This game was more a result of Toronto having an off night and their D playing like a tire-fire than getting beat.

Hell, the amount of 2-on-1's, the two breakaways and the several saves from Murray that would be sure goals against most goaltenders AND the Leafs playing poorly? Be happy your team won, remember the season series is tied and try not to get carried away with how "awesome" and "unbeatable" they are, lol.

If Crosby and Phil weren't a factor why wouldn't you assume they were having a bad game as well?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Well. Pittsburgh's D is better.

Sid is playing with two AHLers, still had a few shifts that generated chances. Even scored one.

Sid and Phil being invisible over a 7 game series is not gonna happen.

Lol Pittsburgh was missing Hornqvist and Schultz. Two important peices on the PP and at even strenght.

Stop with your excuses.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No. I would say based on the Leafs not having a good defense.

Your top D pair to go vs Crosby would be Reilly and Hainsey....I'll take that all day.

And then you have Malkin...

And then you have Kessel on line 3 vs Polak. Lol.

You still have to out score the Leafs, congrats you did it tonight, the team was off it's game including Freddie who had his worst game in about 3 months I think it would be a hell of a series between the 2 teams and I think it is a coin flip as to which teams offense shows up.

Tonight it was the pens

next game could easily be the Leafs.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Panthers tearing Flames a new one. Barky with 1+2 so far. He's really emerging as the star most saw in him the past two years. Top-10 C and on the rise.

Reactions: Devonator

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
You still have to out score the Leafs, congrats you did it tonight, the team was off it's game including Freddie who had his worst game in about 3 months I think it would be a hell of a series between the 2 teams and I think it is a coin flip as to which teams offense shows up.

Tonight it was the pens

next game could easily be the Leafs.

That would certainly be a an entertaining series for sure, one the Leafs could definitely win. But as a Pens fan there are other match ups that I would be more concerned about.

Of course a lot can change before the playoffs.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Canucks have scored more special team goals than Boston without having a single powerplay.

Also, right now Boeser has no points on 6 Canuck goals. This is also weird.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
What was the call on the ice in the Calgary game? The ref waves it off before giving it as a goal.

I think he was waiting the play as good (meaning not a high stick and Calgary could play the puck again legally) and then had to point to the net for a goal.

Missed call though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad