GDT: 2/15/23 - 9:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Arizona

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
These losses are only bad if you're barely holding down or out of a playoff position, we are comfortably secured.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Didn't watch this game since I forgot we had one but this teams powerplay goes from otherwordly to compelete shit on a drop of a hat. We're like 0 for the last million or something and then we'll score at will. Don't know about the chances in this game but in the last few we haven't even got dangerous looks.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
But in all seriousness though, does anybody actually remember...any of the losses to bad teams (regulation, OT, or shootout) in the last few seasons? These games aren't the ones that are going to define our season in any capacity whatsoever. It only becomes a problem when we drop points in too many of these games to the point that our playoff situation becomes tenuous, but I think it's safe to say that at no point since November has a playoff spot been a question mark for us. Just get there and our boys can hang in there with anyone they face.

It makes the regular season a fair bit boring, but that's a good thing. I like not worrying too much about these games.
Especially when the matchup is basically predetermined already And home ice doesn’t matter much

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Coyotes fan here. FYI - rooted for the lightning last 3 SC finals. I was at the game last night, 5th row, near the Lightning 2period goal. Ingram played great, but I couldnt believe the number of times the lightning just had bad luck and just missed scoring in that 2nd period. It was that - great goal keeping by Ingram and lots of bad luck in the crease area for the Lightning. I will say that the Lightning looked tired, or something, in the 3rd. No changing the fact the the Lightning are a great team. Enjoy it.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Coyotes fan here. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Reading through this thread you guys are the most mature fan base in the NHL. We beat the Leafs twice this season, Boston and other very good teams and their fans react by throwing garbage insults at us. "Move those losers to Quebec" or "Bettman made this happen" or "This AHL team plays in a high school auditorium". It's headline news in Toronto to lose to the Yotes yet they haven't been able to beat the Yotes in years. It's nice to see a fanbase with class. The team you ice shows class as well. You guys deserve the cups you've won and the ones you will continue to win in this era. I'll continue cheering for the Lightning. Congrats on everything you have with this organization and fingers crossed on continued success.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Coyotes fan here. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Reading through this thread you guys are the most mature fan base in the NHL. We beat the Leafs twice this season, Boston and other very good teams and their fans react by throwing garbage insults at us. "Move those losers to Quebec" or "Bettman made this happen" or "This AHL team plays in a high school auditorium". It's headline news in Toronto to lose to the Yotes yet they haven't been able to beat the Yotes in years. It's nice to see a fanbase with class. The team you ice shows class as well. You guys deserve the cups you've won and the ones you will continue to win in this era. I'll continue cheering for the Lightning. Congrats on everything you have with this organization and fingers crossed on continued success.
We loathe each other too much to take it out on other teams. Watch us call for Cooper's job when we are on a 6 game losing streak because we lost half our team to injury

Last edited:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Missed this one. Seemed like Connor Ingram took his revenge.
A pound of flesh and then some.

Now to all those on the it’s the regular season it does not matter. Well it does matter while this was a road game there are a few thousand people at each hone game that have paid a good bit of coin to see games like the last two that should have neeen slam dunk wins. Colorado is a wounded bear on the outside the playoff looking in. And the Yotes a salad of names thrown on the ice besides Keller. Bolts are just a point out of home ice advantage but that does not matter. I do not concur, the team honestly has had a better regular season than I anticipated. Yep I can say that. The Leafs still another disappointment but they are still dangerous so and advantage like home ice is nice. You can not win a cup in the regular season but you can dang sure lose one. A team is not going to win them all that’s a fact but important games are a must. Failure to get up for important games is a fatal flaw. Especially at this point of the season , tuning up for post season.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Really hope the Tempe deal works out for you guys and you can enjoy the team fully again in a great location! We know what's it like when there's uncertainty around the team's future, though perhaps not to the same degree.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
A pound of flesh and then some.

Now to all those on the it’s the regular season it does not matter. Well it does matter while this was a road game there are a few thousand people at each hone game that have paid a good bit of coin to see games like the last two that should have neeen slam dunk wins. Colorado is a wounded bear on the outside the playoff looking in. And the Yotes a salad of names thrown on the ice besides Keller. Bolts are just a point out of home ice advantage but that does not matter. I do not concur, the team honestly has had a better regular season than I anticipated. Yep I can say that. The Leafs still another disappointment but they are still dangerous so and advantage like home ice is nice. You can not win a cup in the regular season but you can dang sure lose one. A team is not going to win them all that’s a fact but important games are a must. Failure to get up for important games is a fatal flaw. Especially at this point of the season , tuning up for post season.

yogi berra, is that you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad