1st Round Of The Draft, Televized In the States This Year???

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
#1) VS did cover the draft, I BBQ'd a pork shoulder it was quite nice.

#2) The first round will be broadcast in full on Friday night. The 2nd day (Sat.) will be available online.

-fullmetalninja

albathegreat*

Not sure if the NHL network is available in the States but if any of you can get it starting at 10 am ES they will have have the rest of the round live.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i hope it gets broadcasted in norway:sarcasm:

if anyone knows anywhere you can watch the first round online please tell me. i would love to watch it:cry:

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
It was definately televised last year. I watched it on VS. But only the first round. Would love it if they covered the whole thing.

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
Last year VS covered the first round (well, the first 29 picks, they cut out before the 30th) and they're doing the same this year.

albathegreat*

I am not sure but my best guess would be TSN will air it live on their site.

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
7pm start really sucks if your a European fan like me, thats a Midnight or 1am start :(

Do you not have Tivo in Scotland? C'mon lad, take a few steps into this century :). You could go to bed, wake up in the morning and watch the draft over a nice plate of Haggis!

-fullmetalninja

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Do you not have Tivo in Scotland? C'mon lad, take a few steps into this century :). You could go to bed, wake up in the morning and watch the draft over a nice plate of Haggis!

LMAO :D

Well we have our own Tivo equivalent, Sky+....... but thats cheating imo ;)

I really like the draft, just dont like the idea of watching it while half asleep thats all :D

Fortius

May 23, 2007
The logic is simple.... ratings are higher in the evenings than on a Saturday morning. Any regular US sports fan might flip through it at night, decide it's somewhat more entertaining than a boring baseball game between KC and Tampa Bay, and get hooked on hockey (at least that's the hope). Guaranteed the casual sports fan won't be doing that on a Saturday morning.

Ratings and exposure my friends.... every tiny bit helps!!!!

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Actually isnt the NFL considering doing something similar, moving its 1st round into Prime-Time on the Friday night? Sure that was being rumoured just after they had their draft.

Reuben

Feb 11, 2007
Victoria B.C.
The logic is simple.... ratings are higher in the evenings than on a Saturday morning. Any regular US sports fan might flip through it at night, decide it's somewhat more entertaining than a boring baseball game between KC and Tampa Bay, and get hooked on hockey (at least that's the hope). Guaranteed the casual sports fan won't be doing that on a Saturday morning.

Ratings and exposure my friends.... every tiny bit helps!!!!

why are they so big on putting games on saturday morning if your logic holds true? seems like a contradiction to me. I guess we'll wait and see, but i wouldn't be surprised if the rating are less than in previous years.

albathegreat*

isnt that available for people in canada only??

I do not know, good question.

Anybody know if only people in Canada can watch the draft on TSN broadband.

If so I am sure NHL.com will have a feed from tsn or maybe versus.

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
BAH, the draft should be a Saturday morning thing!:p:

Yep. Not to mention it starts at 4:00 on the Westcoast. So anybody in the west that has a job will miss at least the first few picks.

It's just another poor decision by a league that seems to specialize in them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->