6: Rangers - Andrew Ladd (RW)
7: Florida - Lauri Tukkonen (RW)
8: Carolina - Wojtek Wolski (LW)
9: Anaheim - Wes O'Neill (D)
10: Atlanta - Robbie Schremp (C)
11: Los Angeles - Marek Schwarz (G)
12: Minnesota - Alexander Radulov (RW)
13: Buffalo - Kyle Chipchura (C)
14: Edmonton - Alvaro Montoya (G) (Alexandre Picard if we sign JDD, and he does not re-enter the draft)
15: Nashville - Alexandre Picard (LW)
16: Islanders - Ladislav Smid (D)
17: St. Louis - Drew Stafford (RW)
18: Montreal - Bruce Graham (C)
19: Calgary - David Bolland (C)
20: Dallas - Mike Green (D)
21: Colorado - Sami Lepisto (D)
22: New Jersey - Lukas Kaspar (RW)
23: Rangers (from TOR) - Enver Lisin (LW)
24: Ottawa - Roman Voloshenko (LW)
25: Vancouver - Andrej Meszaros (D)
26: Washington (from BOS) -Boris Valabik (D)
27: Washington (from DET) - Oscar Hedman (D)
28: Tampa Bay - Carl Söderberg (C)
29: San Jose - Jakub Sindel (RW)
30: Edmonton (From PHI) - Johan Fransson (D)

Just missed the cut: Wheeler, Korpikoski, Pineault, Nokelainen, Salmonsson, and a whole slough of goalies(Shantz, Schneider, Dubnyk).

Oiler's Perspective: With JDD possibly rejoining the draft, our new need becomes a future starter. If he signed then i would say the need still exists, but is not an urgent matter, or worthy of a 1st round pick. Our secound selection I made on the basis that most of the marquee forwards will be gone already, and try to grab a possible future PP QB. Thoughts from my fellow Oiler's fans?

Teams who could be on the move draft day:

- EDM: 2 1st round picks, tons of cheap talented NHL ready youth .
- NYR: 6 picks in the 1st 2 rounds
- WAS: 3 picks in 1st round alone, look to them to try and gain another high 1st round pick with extra 1st's, and 2nd's
- CAR - they are hosting it and might want to make a splash, and 8th is not too far to trade down to out of the top 5.

I would love to hear comments from team's respective fans on what their drafting needs are, and how my rankings looked. Thanks in advance.

Divine Wind

thestonedkoala said:
Stafford IMO is a bit too low.

I was thinking that too, but due to team's needs going thru that stretch of teams, he will falter a bit. MIN wants a scorer, not a grinder; BUF needs a top 6 center prospect; EDM will be after a top goalie if they can't sign JDD; NAS has enough grit, they need a solid sniper; and NYI has only a couple notableson defense in their top 10 prospects(9th and 10th respectively too i might add). This is why i see him falling, nothing to due with his ability, just team needs will outweigh, unless some team in that stretch simple can't pass on him.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I don't see the Rangers passing on both Valabik and Soderburg at #23, but, that could be wishful thinking on my part.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
ducksflytogether said:
Can't see Phoenix taking Thelen, but other than that, good mock.
Agreed. If Olesz is gone, I think they'll opt for Tukonen or Ladd, and maybe Radulov.

Divine Wind

King Henry I said:
I like the mock, except for the order of defensemen: I would have

Barker
Thelen
O'Neill
Green
Valabik
Smid

You have:

Barker
Thelen
O'Neill
Smid
Green
Lepisto

heh, everyone seems to be getting on my case over Valabik....lol. The way i see it, Valabik, though huge and nasty and throws tonnes of hits, is not an offensive force. All the defense prospects that I had going higher were because of their ability to create offense, which i rate higher than a hard hitting stay at home defensemen type. If any of that makes sense. :dunno:

Dropkick Alex

Jan 30, 2004
Amherst, New York
OneSpeedOnly said:
Evan McGrath, one of the most talented players is being overlooked by a lot of you.

Yes he is. I dont see him escaping the first round and if he does Florida must grab him but by the time they pick in the second round it might be to late.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
I can't see NJ taking a RW or C.

We got plenty of depth there. At C we have Gomez-Madden-Hrdina-Parise-Foster-Vrana at RW we have twice as many..

It'll either be LW, D, or Goal (only if Clemmenson walks).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->