Prospect Info: Cayden Primeau

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Not much talk about him but he's off to a great start. He's earned the starters job, is among the top rated goalies in the NCAA and he doesn't turn 19 till about 7 weeks before next season starts.
Thanks! Maybe that late trade at the draft will benefit. Maybe Primeau won't become a NHLer but it's also very servicable for a team to count on depth between the pipes for it's farm club.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not much talk about him but he's off to a great start. He's earned the starters job, is among the top rated goalies in the NCAA and he doesn't turn 19 till about 7 weeks before next season starts.

Really impressive. This kid is one of the youngest in the league. .920 as a Save %. Just wow. Here's one guy I didn't follow yet, but I will from now on.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
All Northeastern home games are streamed for free, they are a fun team to watch as well, high scoring.

Go figure...I pay and watch games throughout the NCAA and don't watch the ones for free....lol

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Go figure...I pay and watch games throughout the NCAA and don't watch the ones for free....lol

several Hockey East schools are free as they don't have pay service. BU, Maine, Vermont, Northeastern are all free. Some ECAC teams, i would think WCHA as well but haven't checked. NCHC you have to pay. Big Ten is all pay as well, but i have the big 10 network on tv.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yep, I've seen Tkachuk play a bunch of times this year thanks to that. The streaming quality is good too, I've had to endure far worst, believe me ! TSN does show a few NCAA game every year too if you're looking for free stuff, keep an eye on their schedule. Notre-Dame was on there a few times last year.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yep, I've seen Tkachuk play a bunch of times this year thanks to that. The streaming quality is good too, I've had to endure far worst, believe me ! TSN does show a few NCAA game every year too if you're looking for free stuff, keep an eye on their schedule. Notre-Dame was on there a few times last year.

I watched MJ vs the Hitmen the other day and it was the worst stream, like the old Hamilton days when they were our AHL club. First time seeing a stream from Calgary so I don't know if they just have a poor stream or WHL live was having problems. I'm in the states so I get a lot of NCAA hockey on tv. ESPN 3 has free streams, NBC sports does as well but not sure if you can get them in Canada. CBS sports I believe they stream free, they should be starting up with their coverage soon I think. One team that has free streams I want to see at some point, Clarkson has several undrafted FA's to look at.

here's a tv schedule but it also has local stuff as well,

National television schedule

TSN's schedule,

NCAA Hockey on TSN - Article - TSN

Not much habs related but Jan 7th will be a good day with a back to back on Sunday. Evans at 3 pm, Poehling at 7 if he is back from WJC's and in the lineup. The next week it's Hawkey and that's it.

Just saw that ESPN2 will show Evans on Jan 26th, didn't know they were showing NCAA hockey.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Primeau has been on a nice little run here, In his last 5 games he's given up just 6 goals. Dropped his gaa under 2 tonight, and got his save % up to .925. After a rough 3rd game of his career where he let in 6 on 15 shots, he's let in 15 goals in 10 games and what's really impressive in that in 7 of those 10 starts he's let in only 1 or less goals.

I haven't looked at Team USA's depth for next years WJC's but if he keeps this up he has to be on their radar.

Reactions: Weber Fan

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Primeau at #199 looks like the steal of this draft that few people are talking about. Compare him with Oettinger picked at #26. Better stats in the NCAA and 8 months younger. At that age it's a huge difference.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Primeau will get more attention next year as he stands a very good shot of being Team USA's goalie as long as he continues to play this well.

But if you haven't seen him, watch him tonight on TSN2 at 5 pm in the Bean Pot tournament.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Our goalie prospects mean nothing anyways since Price is here for the next 25 years. They’ll just be lost for nothing.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Primeau looking good so far if anyone else is watching. Big game too as Northeastern is just 1 pt back of BC in the HE standings, with Hawkey's Providence just 1 pt back of them so very tight race with just a few more weeks in the season. Hawkey's team has only 4 games left in the regular season. Primeau's has 6 plus tonight.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Gaudette is a heck of a player, the Nucks really have something there . Primeau is doing well, as usual, keeping the 2 goal lead. He looks every bit of 6ft4, 210 in net, huge kid, very positionally sound.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Primeau gets his 3rd SO of the year, gets his gaa under 2. Has given up just 7 goals in his last 5 starts.

During the game they talked about something I brought up a few times. In his 3rd game in the NCAA he gave up 6 goals on 15 shots, since then he's given up just 36 goals in 21 games. They said that his gaa since that game is 3rd best among all goalies in the NCAA over that timeframe. That's f***ing impressive.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Let's say everything goes well, Price will be about 35 when Primeau is ready to take over, that seems just fine as a timeframe. Price isn't 25 anymore...

Reactions: LastWordArmy

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Let's say everything goes well, Price will be about 35 when Primeau is ready to take over, that seems just fine as a timeframe. Price isn't 25 anymore...

Okay and when Price is 35 he still has 4 years left on his contract at $10.5m. Is Primeau just going to stick around as a backup for 4 years? Because no one will want Carey.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Lundqvist had to get hurt and Talbot had to play out of his mind for that trade to happen.

Scott darling
Antti Raanta
Martin Jones
Robin Lehner
Jonathan Bernier to the leafs.

Hell, the Oilers gave up a 2nd rounder for Ben Scrivens

There are more

If a goalie proves he can play, he will have value.

Last edited:
Reactions: schnapshot

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Damn this kid has been lights out good in his freshman season. GAA under 2 and a Save % of .925

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Okay and when Price is 35 he still has 4 years left on his contract at $10.5m. Is Primeau just going to stick around as a backup for 4 years? Because no one will want Carey.

There are some options like moving a bad contract for a pick, you waive him before so that he accepts any trade. Retain salary etc... Not ideal I know , but there are some workarounds.

Think it would be pretty bad asset management to move a young goalie to keep Price at 35...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->