GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
MikeC44 said:
It was a 3 way deal:
Isles got: Berard, Straka, and Belanger
Sens got: Redden, Rhodes
Leafs got: Muller and Beaupre

Damian Rhodes and Ken Belanger traded to NY Islanders by Toronto for future considerations (Kirk Muller and Don Beaupre, January 23, 1996), January 23, 1996. Damian Rhodes and Wade Redden traded to Ottawa by NY Islanders with Wade Redden for Don Beaupre, Martin Straka and Bryan Berard, January 23, 1996.
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I'd forgotten Rhodes was sent to Ottawa as part of the same deal. That's a pretty good deal for the Sens, and decent for the Isles as well. Somewhat ironic that the Isles ended up trading Berard to Toronto for Potvin, they were the only team in the original deal that didn't get a goalie.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
I watched the draft yesterday, and can somebody tell me what happened with Jeff Ware? Bob McKenzie was talking about his downside, he said he couldn't be worse than a top 4 defensemen because he's big, strong, but he's not even in the NHL.

Dr_Chimera*

markov` said:
I watched the draft yesterday, and can somebody tell me what happened with Jeff Ware? Bob McKenzie was talking about his downside, he said he couldn't be worse than a top 4 defensemen because he's big, strong, but he's not even in the NHL.

That's a common mistake with people. They see a big guy who plays a stay-at-home style and think that he's at worst a depth defenseman.

Well, wrong. He hasn't played for two years.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
Ware had to retire because of knee injuries.

I still think Montreal was a partial contributer to Terry Ryan's busting. Eight games over three years isn't really giving your 6th overall pick a shot. I also remember conflicting goals, in that he'd score, they'd tell him to work on his defense more, he'd do that, then they'd say "you're not scoring enough now"...

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
Fincan said:
ok my bad. I knew he was from Lloyminister. I thought he was from the Alberta side, but I guess it was the Sask side. My sister was visiting so I was only half watching until pick 7.

I'm from Lloydminster as well. The hospital is on the Saskatchewan side, and if you're born there, you're considered from Lloydminster, Saskatchewan even if you lived on the Alberta side (like my parents did). Also, officially the town is considered Lloydminster, Saskatchewan rather than Llyodminster, Alberta.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->