GDT: 18 years and counting (Carolina @ Vancouver)

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
As a wing he is. Better than solid I would say. When he’s the guy responsible for everything down low, he’s been bad in his only action this year, and the start of the year last year. Is it a case where if they left him there for a month or the whole year he would actually develop into a good center, maybe? Haven’t seen it yet though.
He seems to lack confidence at times, perhaps due to limited use. However, his instincts and decision-making for the most part is good. I'd rather trade off a possible slight downgrade there more a good upgrade on playmaking. Plus, he'll go down low in the offensive end.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
2 the second part, probably not. But their being a statistical outlier for the past 3 years is some good evidence something wonky is happening.

As for particulars, they just seem uninterested in moves to the center of the ice. On the rush, it's up the wall. With possession, it's back to the point. It leads to more shot attempts, longer possession time, but the opportunities are lousy.

Same for defense. They get up in the face of forwards to end possession quick at the blueline. But the degree of risk and difficulty seems crazy high. I just don't see other teams doing it. Our players get into the zone with possession and fire that wide angle shot, because the other team isn't scared of wide angle shots.

I see some of the same things you do. I think if we’re talking about actual scoring chance generation the Canes are closer to the middle of the pack than they are to the top. That and the dogshit PP.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
He seems to lack confidence at times, perhaps due to limited use. However, his instincts and decision-making for the most part is good. I'd rather trade off a possible slight downgrade there more a good upgrade on playmaking. Plus, he'll go down low in the offensive end.

I think he should have been left at center to sink or swim in Peters first year. It’s the same nonsense Galchenyuk went through. At some point you’ve got to take the training wheels off these guys and let them play their matural position, ESPECIALLY when you have a dire need at that position. I’m just worried it’s too late for Lindholm at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad