Prospect Info: #170 OA - Defenseman - Patrick Holway, USMAAAE

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I hear you, brother.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-17565-1381777195-49.gif

tumblr_inline_mi56or9UK01qz4rgp.gif

Ron Swanson is my spirit animal, for real.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
ok, good ones. but neither lundin nor janik were involved in offensive play at the NHL level.

i'm not sold on maine's program much. it could be worse, but it could also be a lot better. though it's interesting to have two players at maine soon. and of course it did no damage to gus to develop there. no media coverage for most of the time and focus on hockey (and some education).
You might want to do some research on Maine's program over the past 25 years or so because you obviously haven't.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Probably assume that because of his split time he never got as proficient as he could be. Multi-talented across sports puts him in good stead and he is obviously huge.

Might be interesting to see down the road.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
yep, they really develop good kids for the european leagues. :D

seriously, can you think of any D who developed well in maine the last 20 years or so?

Can you think any who has joined the Red Wings prospect development system and then develop well in Maine?

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
The Production Line ‏@TPLhockey 21h21 hours ago

Holway will be playing for Dubuque next season. The best uniforms in all of hockey.
2 retweets 1 favorite

He`ll be in the USHL next season first...

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
At 16 Yo Seth Griffith was said to be the best lacrosse player for his age.
Commited to hockey that year, was eventually 5th round pick and played for Boston last year.

Lots of American athletes play baseball and football into their late teens. Russell Wilson, Jamies Winston ect. are most recent.
Some experts argue that playing two sports growing up is better for development.

Maine committed to him, yes he played at a low level last year, but he is a known talent and sounds like he has potential to greatly improve. That's what you look for in a 6th round pick IMO.

Griffith was always a hockey first guy and lacrosse was never a consideration in the long run. Lacrosse for him was a way to stay in shape over the summer for hockey. He was the best at his age though and would likely win some MVPs in the NLL had he stayed with lacrosse

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
FAVORITE UNIFORMS: “I like the Blackhawks a lot, honestly. I like their jerseys.â€

FAVORITE PLAYRS TO WATCH: “Right now I like Victor Hedman, just the way he plays D, and Tyler Johnson too. They’re both really good.â€

IF YOU COULD BE SOMEONE’S TEAMMATE FOR A DAY, WHO: “Jonathan Toews probably because of how he controls himself in and out of the rink. He’s just an unbelievable role model for every youth hockey player.â€

C'mon Pat...

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=774002&navid=DL|DET|home

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Can you think any who has joined the Red Wings prospect development system and then develop well in Maine?

Have they had any Mainers that didn't develop reasonably well? That Todd something guy from the mid 90s is the only other guy I can think of and I think he was undrafted.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
I am actually kind of excited about this guy. Seems to have the tools and talent, and has a lot of time to figure it out. I am a huge fan on this pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad