'17-'18 Podcast Master Thread

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Hello all,

The 2017-2018 season is nearly upon us, and like all crazed hockey fans, we are looking for the best coverage of our favorite sport. The purpose of this thread is to talk all things podcast - whether that be specific Sharks related podcasts, great hockey podcast, humorous hockey podcasts, or any hockey podcast that has references to the Sharks (interviews, segments, etc).

Hopefully, we can generate a good list of podcasts to listen to, and establish an archive where people can listen to select episodes/segments to get some Sharks information (i.e., when MvsW interviews Jamie Baker, we can have a link to that episode/interview here for those who dont subscribe).

To start, here are the podcasts I listen to:
Marek vs Wyshynski
Puck Soup
Spittin Chiclets
Gackle Report
Hockey PDOcast
Hockey Central @ Noon
Tape II Tape
Biscuits (RIP maybe)

Would be great to get some insight from you all on other things to listen to in the realm of hockey, and even better to get an archive started

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Ok some posts have been deleted. Here’s what I listen to again.

Dudes on Hockey
Marek vs Wyshynski
Hockey PDOcast (which got some nice new artwork today)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Sounds like Puck Daddy has packed his bags. Until he announces where he's landing, who knows what may happen to podcast.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

Sounds like Puck Daddy has packed his bags. Until he announces where he's landing, who knows what may happen to podcast.

There was a sense of finality yesterday when Wysh posted the news. They say they are trying to figure out how to bring it back, but it just feels like they've been trying to bring it back for a whole year, if not more. With Jeff as busy as he is and who knows where Wysh is going to go (Probably the Athletic), I don't expect MvsW to be back anytime soon.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Updating my list to include 31 Thoughts (hosted by Jeff Marek and Elliott Freedman). Great show so far and scratches that MvsW itch.

I also listen to Greg Wyshynski's new ESPN with him and Emily Kaplin.

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
The Full 60 with Craig Custance is pretty solid. He has pretty high profile guests. Just be ready to hear a f*** ton of ads for the Athletic.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I too listen to The Full 60. I honestly hope he can get Marek or Filipovic on one of these weeks. Don't really know much about Dimitri's history and know a little about Jeff's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad