Prospect Info: #167 G Filip Larsson, Djurgårdens IF U20

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Filip Larsson (G)

DOB: 8/17/98 | Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 185

SuperElit 2015-16 | GP: 19 | SV%: .872 | GAA: 3.86
WJC-18 2016 | GP: 4 | SV%: .776 | GAA: 4.57

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=264409

Goalie Filip Larsson was selected in round six after an injury-riddled junior season.

“The problem with injuries, when that happens your draft year, you tend to fall out of peoples’ minds a little bit,†Andersson said. “We hired a goalie coach in Sweden and he’s extremely excited about him. He thinks (Larsson) is a natural goalie talent.â€

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...vani-smith-loves-physical-part-game/86374942/

Reactions: hkydave04

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Goalies are a total crapshoot. Hope this one comes through. We haven't had a whole lot of luck when we have gone to Sweden with goalies though, maybe this guy bucks the trend.

I do always enjoy Hakan's goalies aren't my thing comments.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Take a flier on a goalie in the later rounds. Sure, why not. That's the time to do it. And they bought low because he spent his draft year injured.

You hear the phrase "natural talent" with goalies all the time. And it's true. You can usually spot it a mile away. Guys who just make saves look effortless and move around the crease well. Hopefully that's the case, eh?

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I didn't think they would draft a goalie in three consecutive drafts. Or I think it has been three. Anyway, this pick and the agitator guy they grabbed second are two picks I would have them do differently. Just not big on the priority list for me.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Nah, if he turns out great, you trade Mrazek. This kid would be cheaper at that point and great is great.

Would depended when he turns great. And what the situation is

There's like a .1 percent chance of it though

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Not a single response. No one like this kid or something? :laugh:

There's just not a lot to say about goalies at this stage in their career usually. He spent the season with injuries so it's tough to judge much from his numbers. Hakan even doesn't have much to say about him.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Not a single response. No one like this kid or something? :laugh:

Seriously all of our Swedish picks were left field ones. Admittedly I have not spent nearly as much time watching prospects the last while but I couldn't say anything about the guys we drafted.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
According to Hakan he was their #2 rated goalie. Had a bunch of injuries this year.

Does Håkan Andersson now work for Djurgården?

Because he said "we hired a new goalie coach" and this kid plays for Djurgården.

I remember Andersson was working for Frölunda a while ago? Some "Vice president" -kind of job.

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Does Håkan Andersson now work for Djurgården?

Because he said "we hired a new goalie coach" and this kid plays for Djurgården.

I remember Andersson was working for Frölunda a while a go? Some "Vice president" -kind of job.

Andersson is still with Frölunda. That quote is curious, would make more sense if you switched coach with scout. But could be that they hired someone to work with Von Pottelberghe, who they then consulted with about potential draftees. Goalie coaches in Sweden are pretty well connected.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Red Wings' top prospects: Some flourishing, some struggling mid-season

UPDATE:

Filip Larsson, G, Denver (NCHC)
W-L-OTL:
1-0-1, GAA: 2.31, SAVE PCT: .937
Drafted: 167th in 2016

The USHL goaltender of the year last season with the Tri-City Storm, Larsson injured his ankle just before the season and is now just starting his collegiate career.

"We'll know more about him the second half," Horcoff said. "He had a great year, one of the best, if not the best goaltender in the USHL last year."

Wasn't it a groin injury? Didn't remember anything about ankle.

Reactions: Goalie guy

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Looks like Filip Larsson is regaining form. He is 2-0-1 since returning. He had rough opening game, giving up 4 goals in what wound up as a tie.

The last two games, he has only allowed one goal each game. Tonight it was a PPG mid-way through the 3rd period in a 4-1 win.

After 3 games:
GAA 1.90
SV% .940

Great to see.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Larsson took over half way through the second period last night. He gave up 2 goals, but got the win 6-3 against Wisconcin.

It appears the starting goalie, Devon Cooley, left the game with an injury. Larsson may get the start again tonight.

Reactions: hkydave04

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
He is 4-0-1 with Denver, with a 2.33 GAA in the last 5 games . Hasn't seen a lot of shots in the last three games, though (13, 12 and 20).

That's pretty good, considering all the injuries.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Larsson got a shut out against North Dakota in the first of 3 games in the playoff series.

Killerjas - I honestly think he will be a NHL starter quickly. Hi think he signs with us next season and has a good chance at starting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad