Ennui

I like our team?
Aug 13, 2008
Living in the past
www.fsb.ru

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Personally, I think Webb could be a steal. As a late pick, why not take a flyer on him? I may be a bit biased as I am a Bulldogs fan but I have watched him a lot (of the limited games he played). Unfortunately he has has some injury problems over the last year and a half which kept him off ice. One was a broken collar bone, which one repaired, is supposed to be stronger than a regular healthy one (same injury as Kane and McDavid).

Basically he's a good defender with offensive upside. He's certainly not afraid to use his body and play a physical game. Once he returned later in the season, he immediately improved Hamilton's blue line and didn't look like an OHL rookie who missed a year and a half. Seeing him get drafted was a surprise to me but I also thought it was smart of Detroit to get a half-step on the rest of the league and have his rights in case he really breaks out next year. Well worth a low risk 6th round pick.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Webb was a gamble, Wright admitted it. Think he has skill and good mobility for a big man. They liked what they had seen in the past before his shoulder injury. Missed almost whole season because of it.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Just wanted to drop by, I've been neighbors with Reilly for over 10 years. The kid sprouted into a giant! He lives and breathes hockey, if he wasn't at the rink he was on his driveway with rollerblades and a net, just wiring shots. Not a flashy player, but you can't teach size. It would be cool to see him make it in the show.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I disagree, I feel he has improved. He may not have numbers in stats for all the basement scouts, but he is a solid stay at home defencman.

I think he has improved, but he is an Austrian, France, Italy style pro in my opinion. I understand not extending him a contract if you're the Wings. I don't think an AHL team will come calling. He is an ECHL or lower level Europe kind of player. Nothing wrong with that, heck it is better than a lot of people at hockey, it just doesn't get you a two-way NHL contract.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->