Prospect Info: #162 LW Jesper Bratt

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm pretty sure he's planning to report to London. Although at this point I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 2-4 games before being sent back like Speers got last year.

Yeah I kind of see him being this year's Speers, the surprise invite out of camp but doesn't stick around for the 9+ games when they figure out playing 10 minutes a game here really isn't going to help.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I've always liked the selection of Bratt.

But it's important to point out that he's in midseason form already going from rookie camp to the Sweden juniors tourney.

Guys like Henrique are still rusty.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I don't think it's a certainty. Bratt has obviously been quite impressive but there's really no great reason to have him here. Let him go to London and dominate and come back for a spot next season.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't think it's a certainty. Bratt has obviously been quite impressive but there's really no great reason to have him here. Let him go to London and dominate and come back for a spot next season.

If a player looks ready and earns a spot, you put them on the opening night roster. Whether he stays past 9 games or not is a different story.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
He has looked MILES better the Speers did last year.

Unless the kid just falls in the next couple games he will make the team. If he continues to play the same way then you keep him. If he can handle the NHL there is no reason to send him back, just to send him back.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey

What is the setback giving him nine games?

And I think you have too to set an example for future prospects, bring your A game to camp and you will be rewarded.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

And I think you have too to set an example for future prospects, bring your A game to camp and you will be rewarded.

Yup. It was the same with Speers last year. Only Bratt is facing better competition within the Devils organization, playing a position where we're much deeper at left wing and is still making himself stand out like this. The big test will be the last pre-season game. Lineups should be pretty much the real deal at that point, on both sides and if Bratt can continue this level of play then he'll most definitely make the team out of camp.

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
Bratt is just so good. Watching the game tonight was pure joy, everytime #63 had the puck you felt like something would happen. If he pans out, he's going to be such a steal.

kiwidevil

Him and Zacha just seem to feed off each other. Bratt's puck control and slick passing seems to help Zacha with his first touch of the puck.

We have a enough depth now to really play the pairs game.

Bratt - Zacha
Hall - Palms
Hischier - ???

Insert Johansen, Henrique, Blandisi, etc

It's great seeing Zacha do so well at C

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Bratt hasn't been to London yet. He's not like a player coming out of juniors where he can just go back at any time and he knows how everything is down there. If they think he can handle the whole season here, he should stay for a while, but there's no need to give him a short look.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Bratt hasn't been to London yet. He's not like a player coming out of juniors where he can just go back at any time and he knows how everything is down there. If they think he can handle the whole season here, he should stay for a while, but there's no need to give him a short look.

If he plays nine here and gets sent back to London, I'm sure he'll be fine just based on the maturity of his play, I think he can handle whatever challenges face him.

Plus when he does arrive to London, he's probably going to get the red carpet treatment, the kid is making a name for himself and the excitement from the London fans will I'm sure help ease his transition.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

It's not about Bratt needing a short look, it's that he has (so far) earned the opportunity. It sends a terrible message throughout the organization when a young guy comes into camp, out plays everyone fighting for the same spot he is, then gets sent down because those guys are a year or two older. Players get what they earn, and he's earned the chance to be on this team.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
If he plays nine here and gets sent back to London, I'm sure he'll be fine just based on the maturity of his play, I think he can handle whatever challenges face him.

Plus when he does arrive to London, he's probably going to get the red carpet treatment, the kid is making a name for himself and the excitement from the London fans will I'm sure help ease his transition.

He's never played with any of his teammates there, he's never lived in Canada, etc. He's 19 and I think that's a big adjustment to make. It's nice to have hard decisions and believe me I'd way rather have Bratt here than some of the guys who will end up playing a lot of games for this team, but I think there's no reason to rush things. It won't be as easy for him when the real games start.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
He's never played with any of his teammates there, he's never lived in Canada, etc. He's 19 and I think that's a big adjustment to make. It's nice to have hard decisions and believe me I'd way rather have Bratt here than some of the guys who will end up playing a lot of games for this team, but I think there's no reason to rush things. It won't be as easy for him when the real games start.

I just think you're making a mountain out of a molehill, I mean say even if he has to play catch up, I bet by the holidays it will be like he was there from the beginning.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County

Youre not rushing a player if he is clearly showing he is ready. If he gets into 4 or 5 reg games and starts to look out of place then clearly he isnt. Rushing someone means they show signs of not being ready and u put them in the NHL anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad