Prospect Info: #161 Nathan Clurman, D

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Is it bad that I'm already more excited by this pick than I am Anderson?...and not just because of our lack of RHDs behind Meloche following the Wood trade. Although him fitting into the Wood slot as a long term project with nice top 4 upside certainly doesn't hurt.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Clurman will be somebody we will follow over 3-4-5 years. There is a lot to like about his skill set from what I have been told. He is a good to very good skater... needs to work on his edges a bit, but the fundamentals are there, good puck mover, and isn't afraid to jump in the play when needed. People say he needs to be more aggressive in all facets of his game, but if that develops he has potential.

A USHL team I know some people in have been trying to get his rights from Tri-City all spring... Tri-City won't budge. He should have a real good season in the USHL if he goes there next season.
I thought it was important to also add Hench's post to this thread especially the part about the USHL team that seems to want him pretty bad and Tri-City not wanting to budge. Very interesting info I think.

Really like this pick and what I read on this guy.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
"...... but he doesn't seem to want the puck enough"

wish I saw more "criticism" like this for our D

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Curious Tigre, I think you were one of the posters here that was afraid about Compher going to free agency due to the NCAA loophole. I am wondering, getting three NCAA bound picks, are you going to have major anxiety now and in the future? :sarcasm:;):D

For the people who don't know, he was born in Boulder, Colorado. Don't know if he spent majority of his childhood here though.

Another intriguing and "under the radar" pick, which isn't a surprise because we had the same situation with Pracey as well. Furthermore, like Barron, another one of those guys who might have more potential than what he has shown. Another player I haven't seen play, but going to a great program at Notre Dame and could follow the same path as a Fighting Irish did before him in Stephen Johns (appears to be similar styles as well).

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Curious Tigre, I think you were one of the posters here that was afraid about Compher going to free agency due to the NCAA loophole. I am wondering, getting three NCAA bound picks, are you going to have major anxiety now and in the future?

Yes of course, I will always have anxiety over many things and that's one of them. lol It depends on the situation, I'm not worried about Jost at all, no way he goes to school for 4 years. This guy is going to need the time so its fine, I'll take the chance he blows up like Vesey as a 6th round pick. Morrison might be the one that falls in that range of uneasy for me but as long as the Avs don't dick around with him it will be ok.

Doctor No

Oct 26, 2005
hockeygoalies.org
For the people who don't know, he was born in Boulder, Colorado. Don't know if he spent majority of his childhood here though.

He did - he occasionally skates with a group of us in Superior. Great kid - good head on his shoulders, and he's the last one to tell you how good he is.

Does a great job of making me feel like a rapidly-aging goaltender (although that's not necessarily unique these days). Moves the puck well.

I'm rooting for him, for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad