16 year olds lost in west

fullspeed

Jul 21, 2006
Lots of talk of Steve stamkos and delzatto in 08.
how about players like Kyle Beech 40 pts in a tight checking west
Tyler myers 6'5 D that can move
Riley Macintosh another giant 6'5 D
Colton Teubert 6'4 aggressive D man
Mitch whal 6' super skilled center man
Jordan Eberle 5'10 skilled offensive player
David Toews 5'11 Power Center man reponsible
Brock Montpetit another power forward
Kevin King Kootneyt Ice solid power winger
Ian Schultz 6'3 Wrecking Crew

These Whl players are all potential players in 08 that can be #1
I agree That stamkos is a special player

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Is David Toews related to Jonathan Toews? What team does David currently play for?

Last edited:

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Luke Schenn is another guy who has a chance to be a top 10 pick in 08 out of the WHL (although he is a late 89 not a 90).

ilovehockey

Jan 1, 2007
I think the Wheaties have his rights.....(99% sure anyway!!)

Yes, I remember they drafted him in the mid rounds even they he was suppose to be a top 10 pick, but because of how his brother chose to go the college route after being taken 1st overall by Tri-City, or he could of already said he was intending to go the college route. Brandon took him becuase it be close to home, so they could convince him to come.

oilers9799

Mar 29, 2005
Yes, I remember they drafted him in the mid rounds even they he was suppose to be a top 10 pick, but because of how his brother chose to go the college route after being taken 1st overall by Tri-City, or he could of already said he was intending to go the college route. Brandon took him becuase it be close to home, so they could convince him to come.

what a kick in the nuts eh drafting a kid 1st overall then he goes the college route

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I heard David Toews got kicked out of Shattuck for cheating from an extremely reliable source. That's all I can say about that subject.

I think that out of the '08 eligibles, Luke Schenn has to be a #1 on alot of people's list from the 'dub. That kid is just sick on a terrible Kelowna team, he has every tool imaginable and will certainly be a high end prospect for a lucky NHL team. He's already one of the captains in Kelowna as a 17 year old, and not just because it's a bad team, because he's going to be that good IMO.

Next on the list I think you have to go with Kyle Beach, his size and skill combined with his tenacity and leading the 'Tips in penalty minutes has the makings of a power forward on the next level for sure. I think he'll be a top 5 pick as well, kind of in the mold of Andrew Ladd.

On the next level I'd put Zach Boychuk and Mitch Wahl. Both guys are strong playmaking centermen, both can move the puck very well, but if I'm an NHL G.M. I look at intangibles - like Mitch Wahl's board play, I've been able to watch it up close this season and I think for sure his ability to take the puck from the boards and actually do something with it is phenominal; whether it's a strong pass or a quick move, he seems to always come out of the pile ahead of everyone else. I think he's the best forward to come through Spokane since Whitney and Falloon - maybe better than both of those guys as an NHL prospect. Boychuk is definately impressive, but unfortunately we only saw Lethbridge once here in Spokane...

I heard David Toews got kicked out of Shattuck for cheating from an extremely reliable source. That's all I can say about that subject.

This info was actually spread around the net pretty quickly last year. I think there are links to more info about him (and Kelsey Tessier I believe) being kicked out in some old threads on this board around the time it occurred. People can do a search for that if they want to know more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad