Speculation: #16 and #29 apparently only leafs worth anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
So sick of seeing this

Oh has to be nylander plus or marner. Enough already. Why would we trade a 22yr old potential center and already can see elite potential. Ditto minus the center for Marner...why are they the ones worth it for other fanbases.

Saw a guy say watch; OEL for Nylander and a pick...to which I said..so the deal rumored in december to be the ask from AZ. Screw OEL if we lose a 22yr old star who out performed OEL at the worlds last year by a huge margin..ya ok.

Also Doughty i guarantee tests FA market. Whether he is talking out his butt about one day maybe coming home we shall see.

I think we fans are too eager. Recall Bab, lou and shanny saying they hope we fans know the plan is a dynasty and to reserve excitement just because we pushed the Caps last yr? Ya

This yr has gone a bit different than even I thought. A huge plus Hainsey has unlocked Riellys offense..Rielly is a number 1 D in my mind. Marleau has been iffy but his leadership second to none..in fact he just won us a game vs OTT.

Marners been up and down..mostly down. I blame 3 things, linemates, beats himself up and our d not making good first passes. Nylanders goals are down but assists are up. All in all both are young, both are elite and suffering a bit from teams knowing and expecting their moves. Matthews finally healthy now looks almost like his calder self.

The bad Gardiner huge step back..though now with rielly out looks better..odd. zaits big injury doesnt help anyone but dermott who looks poised to stay up vs borgman who is showing signs of slowing though polak cement feet dont help. Carrick needs to go.

Andersen thank god looks great. Kadri in a funk..komarov last 4 games looks like old self otherwise he should be on the 4th line.

Jvr may have another career yr unless bozak keeps crapping all over that line i feel he is the issue. He suddenly loses all battles and not good on d what happened.

Either way other teams need value. 30goal scorer JVR top 10 faceoff Bozak (ya this yr other than that bad) Leivo, kasper, johnsson, rosen, borgman, gardiner 3 gdamn backup goalies..goat, moore, bracco etc etc plus picks..oh and kadri

Stop the madness with only mitch or nylander or nothing. Since when do teams except EDM do that oh and how miserably has EDM failed Hall killing it Eberle n Barzal huge..OOops

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
You trade Nylander now before he gets exposed in the playoffs. He will continue to get exposed in the playoffs when time and space gets taken away. There are only so many soft, one dimensional fowards this team needs and they have a massive hole on the blue line. His value will never be higher than it is now. Trade him now before teams realize that he is a Mikael Granlund clone. This team needs a blue chip #1 dman in the worst way, and you need to give to get. If this regime doesn't go out and get that horse on the blueline they are putting the noose around their own necks. They will never be anything besides cannon fodder in the playoffs without upgrading the blue line.

I would suggest targeting Ryan Ellis via trade and giving up Nylander ++ to do so.

Last edited:

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
LOL, haters gonna hate, best to ignore, or better yet show them similar ignorance.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
You trade Nylander now before he gets exposed in the playoffs. He will continue to get exposed in the playoffs when time and space gets taken away. There are only so many soft, one dimensional fowards this team needs and they have a massive hole on the blue line. His value will never be higher than it is now. Trade him now before teams realize that he is a Mikael Granlund clone. This team needs a blue chip #1 dman in the worst way, and you need to give to get. If this regime doesn't go out and get that horse on the blueline they are putting the noose around their own necks. They will never be anything besides cannon fodder in the playoffs without upgrading the blue line.

I would suggest targeting Ryan Ellis via trade and giving up Nylander ++ to do so.

I hope this is a joke, but I can't tell.... Wouldn't even trade Nylander straight up for Ellis let alone ++

Reactions: my name is Bob

DavePoulin4PM

Nov 6, 2017
LOL, haters gonna hate, best to ignore, or better yet show them similar ignorance.

Maybe some of us will not tolerate the mediocrity? Not everyone posting here is a PJ wearing, fanboy. Some of us can look at this objectively.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
So sick of seeing this

Oh has to be nylander plus or marner. Enough already. Why would we trade a 22yr old potential center and already can see elite potential. Ditto minus the center for Marner...why are they the ones worth it for other fanbases.

Saw a guy say watch; OEL for Nylander and a pick...to which I said..so the deal rumored in december to be the ask from AZ. Screw OEL if we lose a 22yr old star who out performed OEL at the worlds last year by a huge margin..ya ok.

Also Doughty i guarantee tests FA market. Whether he is talking out his butt about one day maybe coming home we shall see.

I think we fans are too eager. Recall Bab, lou and shanny saying they hope we fans know the plan is a dynasty and to reserve excitement just because we pushed the Caps last yr? Ya

This yr has gone a bit different than even I thought. A huge plus Hainsey has unlocked Riellys offense..Rielly is a number 1 D in my mind. Marleau has been iffy but his leadership second to none..in fact he just won us a game vs OTT.

Marners been up and down..mostly down. I blame 3 things, linemates, beats himself up and our d not making good first passes. Nylanders goals are down but assists are up. All in all both are young, both are elite and suffering a bit from teams knowing and expecting their moves. Matthews finally healthy now looks almost like his calder self.

The bad Gardiner huge step back..though now with rielly out looks better..odd. zaits big injury doesnt help anyone but dermott who looks poised to stay up vs borgman who is showing signs of slowing though polak cement feet dont help. Carrick needs to go.

Andersen thank god looks great. Kadri in a funk..komarov last 4 games looks like old self otherwise he should be on the 4th line.

Jvr may have another career yr unless bozak keeps crapping all over that line i feel he is the issue. He suddenly loses all battles and not good on d what happened.

Either way other teams need value. 30goal scorer JVR top 10 faceoff Bozak (ya this yr other than that bad) Leivo, kasper, johnsson, rosen, borgman, gardiner 3 gdamn backup goalies..goat, moore, bracco etc etc plus picks..oh and kadri

Stop the madness with only mitch or nylander or nothing. Since when do teams except EDM do that oh and how miserably has EDM failed Hall killing it Eberle n Barzal huge..OOops

Don't get your panties in a knot over nothing - silly stuff.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

You mean trade the 4 points in 6 games last playoffs Nylander? He didn't get exposed then, why would it be different now?

Why won't people lets these players grow in a rebuild?

DavePoulin4PM

Nov 6, 2017
I hope this is a joke, but I can't tell.... Wouldn't even trade Nylander straight up for Ellis let alone ++

Stud d men, who excel in every situation are much more valuable than a soft, prima donna, one dimensional, forward who lives on the perimeter.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
Maybe some of us will not tolerate the mediocrity? Not everyone posting here is a PJ wearing, fanboy. Some of us can look at this objectively.
Sometimes players just don’t fit the mold of what you need. Not every young player in the organization will make it better. Assess and move on.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I think the reason why Marner and Nylander get talked about being trade targets for defense is because their numbers aren't like they were in their rookie seasons. Although last year Nylander was talk a lot in trades and I still say if the Leafs trade either one it's a huge mistake.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Wait.....why would the leafs even think about dealing one of the 3 kids? Why would anyone be angry for those that say they 'should' be dealt? It makes sense not.

Just ignore it.

Like you would with various click bait media.

Minus Mitch

Oct 17, 2017
Edmonton had 3 and 4 and 5 kids how long? Sometimes it just doesn’t work. Move some for players who may work.

DavePoulin4PM

Nov 6, 2017
Some opinions in this thread are a little difficult to process rationally lol

This is what you get when you get people who don't understand what they are watching, combined with bizarre, irrational, emotional attachment to certain players.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
This is what you get when you get people who don't understand what they are watching, combined with bizarre, irrational, emotional attachment to certain players.

You said Nylander would be exposed in the playoffs, you're the one who hasn't been watching clearly.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Absolutely. It can be insane
He's talking about people like you.

"Marner is soft"
"Marner is terrible"
"Trade Marner"
"Minus Mitch"
"Marner is terrible defensively"
"Marner falls down all the time"
"Marner always turns over the puck"

Literally all you ever post.
Stawp.

DavePoulin4PM

Nov 6, 2017
You said Nylander would be exposed in the playoffs, you're the one who hasn't been watching clearly.

I would suggest going back and watching the film of the Washington series. Nylander was a total non factor.. but the only way you know how to evaluate is by reading charts/box scores, so this discussion will go nowhere.

DavePoulin4PM

Nov 6, 2017
He's talking about people like you.

"Marner is soft"
"Marner is terrible"
"Trade Marner"
"Minus Mitch"
"Marner is terrible defensively"
"Marner falls down all the time"
"Marner always turns over the puck"

Literally all you ever post.
Stawp.

Ok. So what part is he wrong about?

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I would suggest going back and watching the film of the Washington series. Nylander was a total non factor.. but the only way you know how to evaluate is by reading charts/box scores, so this discussion will go nowhere.

I watched the entire series, you're right your side of the discussion would go nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad