Injury Report: 16-17 "Robidas Island": All Inhabitants have left the Island

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
LOL players are stupid. they would play if they had limbs falling off.
(but seriously that's good).

Mirtle also mentioned recently that Babcock often is way over optimistic about injury recovery time -he wants to get his guys back out on the ice.

Glad to see though the team is taking the cautious approach

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Everyone breathe - He's far away from Robidas Island. Nowhere near Lupul Isle. And nowhere near the Corrado Triangle.

OneTrueStick

Jan 16, 2017
according to twitter just now: "Babcock had no update on a potential return for Mitch Marner."

Well okay then...

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

the telephone rings and joffrey lupul, who normally answers, doesn’t.

A message is left but it is not returned.

An agent who has represented him on occasion hasn’t heard from him in months.

some say the injured maple leaf is in california. Some joke that he is stashed somewhere on what is now called robidas island, the place where fallen leafs go to disappear.

What isn’t funny is this: Quite likely, at the age of 33, after 701 nhl games, lupul has played his last game. Unless there is some quirky salary cap financial reason to do so, he won’t be traded on wednesday. His contract expires at the end of next season. He won’t be claimed in the las vegas expansion draft even though his salary dips to $3.7 million (cap hit is still $5.2 million).

The leafs have paid him this season and will pay him next season to go away and not be heard from. Essentially, they have bought his silence.

in august, the last time i spoke with lupul on the phone, he told me he wanted to play. He still considered himself a hockey player. He sounded enthusiastic. He wasn’t ready for retirement. I think it’s the last interview he gave on the subject.

At his absolute best, lupul scored 103 points in a 110-game span with the leafs over three seasons. That shouldn’t be forgotten in this year that he has been pushed away.

This and that

lupul’s career highlight other than being chosen for an nhl all-star game: He scored nine goals in the playoffs as a 21-year-old with the anaheim ducks ... asked a pro scout about lupul. His answer: “it’s become a very fast league, he’s not a fast player.”

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Not sure if this was already posted in here Daisy...., if so, apologies..

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Not sure if this was already posted in here Daisy...., if so, apologies..

That is great news, JVR doesn't make a great secondary scoring line on his own. Smith was so out of his depth against Montreal and did nothing to improve that lines defense either.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Cap friendly shows Carrick on injured reserve now. Smith getting waived soon to i suppose with Marner healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad