Golf: 146th Open Championship: July 20-23. Royal Birkdale.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This year is Royal Birdale, a golf course located in located in Southport, England. This is the tenth time Royal Birkdale has hosted the Open Championship.

The defending champion is Henrik Stenson. He won last year with a 264 score of -20.

Here are highlights of last year.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
This should be good. Birkdale is always tough.. no -20 this year.. as fun as that was I'm a guy who wants the winner in majors to be near par.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like this course.

All the players say its incredibly fair, very analytical course tee to green, especially off the tee, can't just bomb driver every hole, you need to play sensible shots. Probably the second best course in the rota after Muirfield.

Look at the list of winners at Birkdale. 7 of 9 in the Hall of Fame, and Harrington will be in it eventually, so thats 8 of 9 Birkdale winners who were Hall of Famers. The best players win on this course.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
What's the weather looking like now? I know it was looking tough, but didn't know how much it's changed.

Its kind of shifted from four reasonably bad days to looking like one brutal day, Friday. There's still some wind projected for Thursday and Sunday and Saturday is looking like it'll rain.

It can and probably still will change.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Does Sandy Lyle get a requested tee time every year? he's always in the first couple groups on Thursday. Always.

I also mention it every year.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2002
Justin Thomas dressed up for today

DFKk_q5UQAAgmN_.jpg

....and Hideki birdies the first. Come on young man.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looking at the weather forecast, I'll say tomorrow. 42 on the front.

There hasn't been a complete nobody win a major in a long time.

I think YE Yang might be the last. Go figure that happens against TW. We are due for one of those eventually. I don't think its this week though, would probably happen in a PGA Championship.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->