145th Open Championship: July 14-17. Troon.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
2 of the biggest major underachievers have won this year. I guess either Sergio or Westwood for the PGA Championship?

If I was Monty, I'd be blackmailing the PGA into send an invite. The Golf gods are dishing out redemption like candy.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I told you he was going to win a major.

Now another Henrik, Henrik Lundqvist, needs to win a Championship. :)

Sure didn't look like it three weeks ago, happy to be proven wrong on this one.. :)

I guess this season only needs a Sergio win at the PGA now.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Thank God Stenson channeled some GOAT putting and GOAT ball striking today. Incredible stuff. This is the best he's ever putted in his career by far a few dozen times over. Was like he couldn't miss, the 2 three putts not withstanding.

Did not want FIGJAM to get his grubby little paws on another Claret Jug. At times during this week, it looked inevitable but a hero emerged.

Well done, Henrik. That putt dropping on 18 was a fitting way to wrap it up as well, deserves the record.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
And congrats, Joe89... if Henrik can putt like this consistently, he may win a couple more majors in the next few years. The rest of his game is certainly more than capable, but I've never seen him strike the ball so pure on the greens as he did this week.

It was kind of like watching Tiger in his prime at Open courses.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Of all these good ball strikers who hadn't yet won a major prior to this year. I think Stenson is the best ball striker of all of them, and the worst putter. I think DJ has the best chance to win more majors because he's a better putter than Stenson and Sergio. He just makes some terrible decisions around the greens, so it makes it seem like his putting is much worse than it is.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
And congrats, Joe89... if Henrik can putt like this consistently, he may win a couple more majors in the next few years. The rest of his game is certainly more than capable, but I've never seen him strike the ball so pure on the greens as he did this week.

It was kind of like watching Tiger in his prime at Open courses.

I think it's fair to say at this stage of his career he never will be a consistently good putter, but obviously if he has one getting another one is not a stretch. Seeing as he's been in the top10 for a while and probably has a good chance of staying there for a few more years. I don't take any personal pride in Henrik winning one, but it's a warm feeling after watching other Swedish golfers fail for 20 years.

This was the best he's ever played easily. He had some brilliant rounds en route to the Fedex and Dubai some years ago but this peak form blows everything else out of the water.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Unreal. What a round they gave us!

I'm a Fowler guy but obviously a big fan of the swedes aswell. Well done Henrik!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad