Line Combos: 14/15 Coaching Options Thread - Updated Lines/Practice/PP/PK/Captaincy

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Drew Spevak ‏@DrewSpevak 3m3 minutes ago
Nothing confirmed but lines I saw were
O'Reilly-Duchene-Briere
Landeskog-MacKinnon-Iginla
McLeod-Cliche-Talbot
Aggozino-Street-Vincour

Spevak says he hasn't seen Mitchell out there. How depressing seeing our bad 4th line as the 3rd line. Convinced they will get lots of minutes as well. Maximum 5 min for the 4th line.

tumblr_luoz44fJa71r6aoq4o1_400.gif

There goes our heart and soul.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I like the thought of an Everberg-Mitchell-Vincour 3rd line. That's a big line.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Taking a stab at the lines for tomorrow with the recent call ups. I'll go with this:

O'Reilly - Duchene - Tanguay
Landeskog - Mackinnon - Iginla
Talbot - Sgarbossa - Briere
McLeod - Smith - Vincour

Really hoping Sgarbossa plays well. I haven't given up on him and hope he at least gets tendered this summer. Excited about Smith as well. But he doesn't really play a 4th line game.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Colin Smith is a winger in the AHL. He's played with Sgarbossa as his center.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Taking a stab at the lines for tomorrow with the recent call ups. I'll go with this:

Landeskog - Mackinnon - Iginla
Talbot - Sgarbossa - Briere
McLeod - Smith - Vincour

Really hoping Sgarbossa plays well. I haven't given up on him and hope he at least gets tendered this summer. Excited about Smith as well. But he doesn't really play a 4th line game.
I wouldn't mind putting O'Reilly back at C and split the minutes up on the three big C's if those are the guys we are going with.

Talbot - Duchene - Tanguay
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Iginla
Sgarbossa - O'Reilly - Briere
McLeod - Smith - Vincour

Tempted to put Talbot at 4th C, but he has played good lately and he really can play with the best player during a shorter period of time better than most bottom sixers.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I wouldn't mind putting O'Reilly back at C and split the minutes up on the three big C's if those are the guys we are going with.

Talbot - Duchene - Tanguay
Landeskog - MacKinnon - Iginla
Sgarbossa - O'Reilly - Briere
McLeod - Smith - Vincour

Tempted to put Talbot at 4th C, but he has played good lately and he really can play with the best player during a shorter period of time better than most bottom sixers.

Talbot on the top line? I can't see Roy doing that. If anything Smith or Sgarbossa will play on the top line with Duchene.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Landy - Mackinnon - Iginla
Smith - Sgarbossa - Briere
Mcleod - Talbot - Vincour

That's what i'd like to see. I see O'Reilly improving and I don't want to take him away from Dutchy right now. Also, I like Vincour more than Smith and the Boss but he's much better suited for the 4th line than those two.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Not a lot of defensive capability in that bottom 6. That's a feisty third line, but so small. Good thing it's the Habs tonight. :sarcasm:

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
I'd love to see something like this:

Landeskog-Duchene-MacKinnon
Tanguay-O'Reilly-Iginla
Sgarbossa-Mitchell-Briere
McLeod-Talbot-Cliche/Vincour

Don't know about the bottom lines but I'd really love to at least try those top lines...

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London

Tanguay-O'Reilly-Iginla

Don't know about the bottom lines but I'd really love to at least try those top lines...

When healthy? Because Mitchell and Cliche are out.

Over the Pants Landy

Feb 19, 2013
CT

Tanguay-O'Reilly-Iginla

I don't know how you break up the Landy/Mack/Iginla line

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

That's what i'd like to see. I see O'Reilly improving and I don't want to take him away from Dutchy right now. Also, I like Vincour more than Smith and the Boss but he's much better suited for the 4th line than those two.

I was thinking this myself. Keep the top lines with chemistry together and just hope for some skill from the third line.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

Exactly what I was thinking.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
For the love of everything holy, PLEASE do not break up the line thats been showing so much chemistry.

Leave them together. Work the other 9 out.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Still amazed that with all the line juggling this year we still haven't gotten to see ROR-Duchene-Iggy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad