Prospect Info: 13th Overall - Jakub Vrana

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Skilled but soooo soft

You mean like Triplets and Panarin-Anisimov-Kane?

Both of those are soft as butter and yet that's propably 2 of the best 2nd lines in the NHL right now.

Apr 6, 2004
You mean like Triplets and Panarin-Anisimov-Kane?

Both of those are soft as butter and yet that's propably 2 of the best 2nd lines in the NHL right now.

Anisimov is 6'4 200 and has enough size that he can make his presence known. I think you get my point, a pure skill line isn't always conducive to success, a blend of skill and physicality is often preferred.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Anisimov is 6'4 200 and has enough size that he can make his presence known. I think you get my point, a pure skill line isn't always conducive to success, a blend of skill and physicality is often preferred.

Burakovsky is 20, and listed at 6'3 198. Neither of them are physical players but they both have the size.

That being said, if they feel that Oshie is a long-term solution to the top-6, then you can easily adapt to that simply by swapping one of Oshie/Ovechkin to Burakovsky/Vrana.

Apr 6, 2004
Burakovsky is 20, and listed at 6'3 198. Neither of them are physical players but they both have the size.

That being said, if they feel that Oshie is a long-term solution to the top-6, then you can easily adapt to that simply by swapping one of Oshie/Ovechkin to Burakovsky/Vrana.

Of course there are exceptions. Again my point being, with most things in life, a balance is generally more conducive to success.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
As mentioned in the Hershey thread, Vrana is out this weekend with a hand injury suffered in practice this week. Hershey head coach Troy Mann mentioned Vrana would get reevaluated on Monday so hopefully it's nothing too serious and he doesn't miss a significant amount of time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->