Prospect Info: #13 Nico Hischier: "I love to hockey" Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I thought he wasn't going to be able to handle the preseason due to him having the body of a hairless 13 year old dutch boy but his play has blown my socks off. The key to his personal success is the devils coachs making sure the use baby gloves the first season.

Shelter him with linemates rather than usage, in my opinion. Keep him with two veterans in a top-six role and he will be fine.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
He didn't play much in the last game. Only Henrique played less than Hischier among forwards. Pretty amazing he had 3 points in 13 minutes and change.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Reminds me of that game against Tampa where Zubrus had 4 goals in like 14 minutes of total icetime.

For some reason I was thinking that was one of the trivia questions in recent years but might have it confused. Regardless, pretty impressive feat.

Marleau had a crazy game back in January where he scored 4 goals in one period but even that was over almost the entire length of the period, not 14 minutes.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Yeah, thanks for the link.

It’s still interesting to compare Nico to Nolan. One guy already knows what to say, how to say it - pretty savvy with NHLers around him all the time. The other guy is so innocent and sincere that you can’t help but like him.

I was team Patrick and I’m not exactly ready to eat crow yet but I am still thrilled we picked Nico.

Reactions: ForeverJerseyGirl

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

It’s still interesting to compare Nico to Nolan. One guy already knows what to say, how to say it - pretty savvy with NHLers around him all the time. The other guy is so innocent and sincere that you can’t help but like him.

I was team Patrick and I’m not exactly ready to eat crow yet but I am still thrilled we picked Nico.
If Patrick stays healthy,I think he'll be a darn good player. So even if Nico is really good, I don't think there will be need to eat crow.

Edit: Watched a little of the Philly game last night, and Patrick was involved in some nice chances.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
If Patrick stays healthy,I think he'll be a darn good player. So even if Nico is really good, I don't think there will be need to eat crow.

Edit: Watched a little of the Philly game last night, and Patrick was involved in some nice chances.

people don't need to eat crow for thinking Patrick can be the better player. what was more annoying was how arrogant some were in saying the Devils will def pick Patrick and people who like Nico have fell into a media trap, recency bias, etc.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

Nico is really easy to like. He's got an infectious personality and that sense of innocence and youthful energy. I'm so happy and grateful that we have Nico on the team, but I would probably have been happy and grateful to have Nolan too. We were really fortunate the lotto balls fell in our favor.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I love that the article reads like a Nico interview. Most Players' Tribune articles do but it's even more prevalent with players where English isn't their first language.

Nico's such a great guy. Still kind of hard to believe he's a part of the Devils. So excited to watch his career unfold!

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I love that the article reads like a Nico interview. Most Players' Tribune articles do but it's even more prevalent with players where English isn't their first language.

Nico's such a great guy. Still kind of hard to believe he's a part of the Devils. So excited to watch his career unfold!

Yeah, you can definitely hear his voice throughout the article. It's almost like having him talk to you in a way, and a lot of his phrasings just made me smile. There is a charisma about this kid. So exciting to have him as a part of the Devils future going forward. I have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure it is not a dream.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah, you can definitely hear his voice throughout the article. It's almost like having him talk to you in a way, and a lot of his phrasings just made me smile. There is a charisma about this kid. So exciting to have him as a part of the Devils future going forward. I have to pinch myself sometimes to make sure it is not a dream.

Part of what got me off Patrick or bust was the whole catfish story before the draft. That was the first little nugget where I said this kid's fun and he's got some spine to him. I didn't want to have to root against him as a Flyer.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Part of what got me off Patrick or bust was the whole catfish story before the draft. That was the first little nugget where I said this kid's fun and he's got some spine to him. I didn't want to have to root against him as a Flyer.
What story are you referring to?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

That catfish story was hilarious. Nico's definitely a witty guy. Seems like he would be a fun teammate to have as well.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
I tried very hard to stay neutral in the Nico vs Nolan debate leading up to the draft. The last thing I wanted to experience was disappointment with whoever we drafted. I was rooting for one of Nico OR Nolan, as opposed to trading the pick or going off the board. I was surprisingly anxious before the pick, but relaxed a little when they announced that the pick was in. Two fists in the air when they called Nico's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad