Prospect Info: #13 Nico Hischier: "I love to hockey" Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

dupont

Jun 23, 2015
I had thought this before, but these stats confirm whats reality. it might be better to split Hall and Hischier.
Hall does not necessarily need Hischier. and Vice versa. for my taste, Hischier does not get enough pucks in the offensive Zone, because of Halls posession. Basically this would pump Nicos numbers. By putting him back with Bratt and Wood/Palmieri and using Zajac to feed Hall, this could give the Team another push. what do you think?

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
I'm against breaking up Hall-Nico. Zajac has not earned top line minutes this year. I would maybe try Bratt on a different line since he has been extremely cold since december.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm against breaking up Hall-Nico. Zajac has not earned top line minutes this year. I would maybe try Bratt on a different line since he has been extremely cold since december.
Definitely.

Zajac looks A LOT better playing where he's playing right now. It's night and day from when he was forced into the top 6 earlier in the year.

Reactions: NJDevils17

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I had thought this before, but these stats confirm whats reality. it might be better to split Hall and Hischier.
Hall does not necessarily need Hischier. and Vice versa. for my taste, Hischier does not get enough pucks in the offensive Zone, because of Halls posession. Basically this would pump Nicos numbers. By putting him back with Bratt and Wood/Palmieri and using Zajac to feed Hall, this could give the Team another push. what do you think?

I’d prefer Nico and Hall play with skilled players and let Zajac play the shutdown role with other likeminded players. Shuffle Nico, Hall, Palms and Zacha as needed but Zajac should be teamed with the Nosens and Coleman’s of the team and let them grind the crap out of the opposition. If we fill out the team/guys mature this offseason maybe Nico and Hall get split up just to form 2 top lines.

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
I know he's been quiet the last couple week but last night he was really flying. When he's skating and involved you can see he will be a special player. I can't wait to watch him develop over the next few years.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Just a shout out to Nico's game last night. His shift on the Grabner goal was a thing of beauty and he had the wheels going all night long. Just a great effort all around from the youngster.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
He's one of the few with an extra gear, that he can just switch to on occasion. Like during that shift with Grabner, he just wanted to score on that one – and he did.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Since the Winnipeg game, he looks like he's ready to explode. I can totally see him go ppg for the rest of the year. He's playing with so much swagger and intensity.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
What's he, up to 45 points now? Will probably break 50 at this rate. And I would 100% would've signed up for a 50 point, first line center, great defense season from Nico at the start of his rookie year. Very very happy with Nico:)
Even more impressive is how he’s scoring. He’s already producing at even strength at a high end first line level. If he can start consistently producing on the PP, he’s gonna put up big time numbers.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
His points per 60 is better than his overall points number.

I think with a couple more minutes per game, he probably could have scored 60+ points this year.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Even more impressive is how he’s scoring. He’s already producing at even strength at a high end first line level. If he can start consistently producing on the PP, he’s gonna put up big time numbers.
The hurdle here is his face offs. When he can win them enough to warrant getting that initial draw of a PP, then we will see his #'s takeoff.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
He seems more powerfull than at the beginning of the season. I remember having some doubts and thinking that maybe another year of junior hockey would be good for him. Today he seems to be perfectly fine. He is not spending half of the time on the floor like at the beginning of the season.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
The hurdle here is his face offs. When he can win them enough to warrant getting that initial draw of a PP, then we will see his #'s takeoff.
He's mainly a half wall player and Hall occupies that role on PP1. His faceoffs on the PP are 21 wins for 19 losses and it's not like he's losing faceoffs clean everytime. I think it has more to do with positioning more than anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->