Prospect Info: #13 Nico Hischier: "I love to hockey" Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I remembered that there is more than one Nico in Weeb land, so I need to represent one of the others.

nico-robin-one-piece-76.1.jpg

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Does that really count? Nico is her surname

Fair point. Honestly, I've never been able to get past the first few episodes of One Piece, but I had heard the name before. Didn't realize it was a surname.

But I digress.... I do REALLY want an eye love 2 hockey t shirt. Those things need to be availible like, now.

Japam

I love Matt Loughlin.
May 21, 2012
nj
Amazing how we may have dodged the proverbial bullet there. And I was guilty of wanting NP over Nico. Thank god, Shero is the GM and not me. :laugh:

Seriously. "but but but I don't care about a freak injury bone break when he was 13!" - 5 years and a billion different injuries later.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
DFWL2_qXoAMheGE.jpg

All I have is this bad picture, doesn't do it's beauty justice. And I just ordered from NHL.com because I was stupid and a little drunk, could've saved much more elsewhere but whatever. Nico!

Needs more Adidas.

Kidding... congrats on the jersey CB

born2run24

Jul 20, 2017
Amazing how we may have dodged the proverbial bullet there. And I was guilty of wanting NP over Nico. Thank god, Shero is the GM and not me. :laugh:

Im sure a lot of fans we're in the same boat as you. Initially I had zero problem if we went with him, but the more I read up on his injury history, it scared me away.

Philly fans are already going a little nuts about it and I even read an article from one Philly paper the other day about how one of his recent injuries could've been career ending.

Never something you want to see about an 18 year old, especially if he was wearing a Devils uni.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
DFWL2_qXoAMheGE.jpg

All I have is this bad picture, doesn't do it's beauty justice. And I just ordered from NHL.com because I was stupid and a little drunk, could've saved much more elsewhere but whatever. Nico!

The thing I hate about ordering from NHL.com is the sh**ty name plate that comes with it. When you go to, for example, the NHL store in NYC, the nameplates are very nice and authentic. I ordered a jersey from NHL.com and the nameplate sucked.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Can you send them a blank and have the name and number added? I have a couple blanks and I want names on.

Holtz My Bahls

Jan 5, 2011
New Jersey
They only have home jerseys in size medium left on that site . Sucks being 6'3" 220

Ugh I know technically I fit in a small and the medium is pushing it a bit on the arm length but the quality is amazing.

Sidenote: I'm wondering if I had blanks would coolhockey customize them? I can't seem to find a spot for that on that website.

Last edited:

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
extremely premature & unwise to say we dodged a bullet by not drafting patrick based on him missing a prospect camp. i wouldn't tempt fate here, but that's just me. if patrick does wind up being the better/more impactful player, "b..b..b..but he had acne that one time" will be a meme we'll have to deal with for a looong time.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
extremely premature & unwise to say we dodged a bullet by not drafting patrick based on him missing a prospect camp. i wouldn't tempt fate here, but that's just me. if patrick does wind up being the better/more impactful player, "b..b..b..but he had acne that one time" will be a meme we'll have to deal with for a looong time.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/fly...mer-showcase--philadelphia-flyers/c-290528098

Also attending the camp for the Flyers is the second overall pick in the draft, center Nolan Patrick, but he will not be participating in the on-ice portion as he continues the rehab process from his surgery on June 13.

Sounds like he's not out of the woods yet with his latest surgery. He might be fine, like you say, but I don't think it's unfair to bring it up as a concern. It's not a risk we could afford to take.

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->