TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
So today I jump in my SUV and immediately select TuneIn radio preparing to listen to 1290 on my drive to work as I always do. Well I find out no more TSN 1290 on Tunein. Now I am trying I Heart Radio but I can't get access to Canadian stations. Guess I have to do it the old fashion way, listen over the internet which does not always work as well as Tunein did.

Does anyone know what happened to 1290 on Tunein Radio?

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
So today I jump in my SUV and immediately select TuneIn radio preparing to listen to 1290 on my drive to work as I always do. Well I find out no more TSN 1290 on Tunein. Now I am trying I Heart Radio but I can't get access to Canadian stations. Guess I have to do it the old fashion way, listen over the internet which does not always work as well as Tunein did.

Does anyone know what happened to 1290 on Tunein Radio?

Does the Bell Media or TSN app work for you? That's how I listen at work.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Yeah, TuneIn stopped working for me in the middle of the day yesterday. I Heart Radio app worked though. I checked TuneIn again this evening and still isn't working. Hopefully this isn't permanent...I prefer TuneIn.

I know sometimes 1290 gets blocked out of all online streams when they're airing national games. But don't think this is the case.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
http://blog.fagstein.com/2017/07/19/mnd-crtc-chair-bell-cuts-tunein-franco-music/

"Bell Media radio stations have become unavailable in the popular streaming app TuneIn, with app users on mobile getting messages that the stations are no longer available. Bell Media tells me “the removal of Bell Media Radio stations from the TuneIn app was not initiated by Bell Media,†so it’s unclear why this happened. TuneIn is the leading app for radio station streaming, but Bell has its own iHeartRadio app. Just about every other Canadian radio station owner joined forces to launch RadioPlayer."

Fishy

May 14, 2016
Winterpeg
Tried iheart and dislike it. Installed myTuner Radio and TSN is on it. Better connection, and supports pods as well.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Station you've come to enjoy is no longer available on iTunes, what the hell 1290 TSN? Used the app all the time because 1290 TSN's actual radio signal is so crappy!:rant:

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Tried iheart and dislike it. Installed myTuner Radio and TSN is on it. Better connection, and supports pods as well.

Thanks for the suggestion of MyTuner. It works.

I hate the fact that every time I press play on I heart radio, it plays a video ad first. That doesn't add up the data charges...

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion of MyTuner. It works.

I hate the fact that every time I press play on I heart radio, it plays a video ad first. That doesn't add up the data charges...

I'll second that, got the mytuner app and can now listen to the ramblings on 1290!

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I got an email from TuneIn. They said TSN1290 is owned by iHeartRadio and is restricted from their products.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I got an email from TuneIn. They said TSN1290 is owned by iHeartRadio and is restricted from their products.

You didn't believe the it wasn't us line did you.

Welcome to the commercial takeover of the net.

Just wait till rodgers slows down your data when you watch/listen bell tsn :)

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA

Hey thanks, just tried and myTuner works great down here in the sunny southwest as well.

As a side note: flying back home this weekend for some R&R and my annual trip to the Jets store along with attending the Bomber game next week. Can't wait to breath some fresh Canadian air, get a few mosquito bites & drink some J P Wiser's 18 year old whiskey.

Cheers!

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Hey thanks, just tried and myTuner works great down here in the sunny southwest as well.

As a side note: flying back home this weekend for some R&R and my annual trip to the Jets store along with attending the Bomber game next week. Can't wait to breath some fresh Canadian air, get a few mosquito bites & drink some J P Wiser's 18 year old whiskey.

Cheers!

Lack of mosquitos this summer in Peg city may disappoint you!;)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
"And that's what I'm saying about OJ...it's like yesterday I got home and I sat down and I literally turned on the golf and I saw on twitter and so I watched the hearing for maybe an hour and I'm literally like dude you're in front of the parole board literally trying to get your freedom and you can't just sit and answer the questions - and I'm not saying he's a monster or anything like that it's just I literally can't understand how he can't just...it'll be intersting."

Ugh.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
People should do like I do. Don't listen. Lowers your blood pressure greatly. :D

I stick to mainly pre-game stuff, and post game morning commentary. I don't think I've listened to 1290 in months, and I'm a less stressed person for it. ;)

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
People should do like I do. Don't listen. Lowers your blood pressure greatly. :D

I stick to mainly pre-game stuff, and post game morning commentary. I don't think I've listened to 1290 in months, and I'm a less stressed person for it. ;)

look man, it don't matter how many times you tell me to "just turn it off," it ain't gonna happen ok? lol. I'm in the car much of the day and while I love music, for some reason I hate it in the car. 1290 is the only thing I listen to. I often zone out and just don't really pay attention if the current subject doesn't interest me, but it's always on just for the noise. I'm gonna keep listening, and I'm gonna keep whining about The Toth...got it? :D

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
look man, it don't matter how many times you tell me to "just turn it off," it ain't gonna happen ok? lol. I'm in the car much of the day and while I love music, for some reason I hate it in the car. 1290 is the only thing I listen to. I often zone out and just don't really pay attention if the current subject doesn't interest me, but it's always on just for the noise. I'm gonna keep listening, and I'm gonna keep whining about The Toth...got it? :D

:laugh: Just expressing my concern for your well being, my friend. ;)

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg

Agreed. Stopped listening quite some time ago, and haven't missed it. Miss Hustler and Lawless tho

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Xm is the way to go. talk hockey all day. From 6 am to 6pm then broadcast 2 games. Not so much in summer tho. But still a fair amount of hockey talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad