TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Missed it but did someone call in suggesting to take out Laine for Roslovic??

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

people have a tough time with Laine. I still see a lot of "international hockey" in his game. He hasn't yet quite got on the "heavy game" train. He still wants to make little chip passes to himself and that sort of thing but that stuff mostly gets shut down in the NHL. Players are just too good to fall for it. Patty will learn. He's just turned 20! He's still a kid...I'm perfectly comfortable with him being a bit of a passenger and gaining experience in this run (while of course punching in a goal here and there because he's too much of a natural sniper not to) while other guys carry most of the weight. He will be an absolute beast in the future.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

I would never take Laine out, but last game he did make a couple of just brutal plays in our end along the boards trying to get the puck out and these led to Vegas scoring chances. He has to stop those.

The big upside, and why I would never take him out, is that he can play crap for 58 minutes and then score the winning goal because the other team gave him a chance.

burnoutberry

May 2, 2016
True North
I would never take Laine out, but last game he did make a couple of just brutal plays in our end along the boards trying to get the puck out and these led to Vegas scoring chances. He has to stop those.

The big upside, and why I would never take him out, is that he can play crap for 58 minutes and then score the winning goal because the other team gave him a chance.

Yeah #29 coughs it up too much, but he's a gamebreaker. Gotta keep him in.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
people have a tough time with Laine. I still see a lot of "international hockey" in his game. He hasn't yet quite got on the "heavy game" train. He still wants to make little chip passes to himself and that sort of thing but that stuff mostly gets shut down in the NHL. Players are just too good to fall for it. Patty will learn. He's just turned 20! He's still a kid...I'm perfectly comfortable with him being a bit of a passenger and gaining experience in this run (while of course punching in a goal here and there because he's too much of a natural sniper not to) while other guys carry most of the weight. He will be an absolute beast in the future.
yea he seems to have trouble receiving a pass too at times and is brutal with puck containment and management on his side of the PP. I'd still never take him out because every time he loads up you're anticipating a goal, i don't think the same could be said for anyone on the roster other than Scheifele currently.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
All young players need some time to figure out what works and what doesn't. Combine that with the fact that he's still developing physically, and I can easily forgive the occasional gaffe. We're seeing the development and evolution of a special player, live.

Pretty cool, IMO.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Listened to parts of the post-game show yesterday (always a big mistake). Kevin O (a.k.a. Cliff Claven) was especially odious. Every Jets player was just fine, like always, every coaching decision was just fine, like always, everything related to the Jets was just fine, like always. What ****ing stooge he is.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Getting more and more fed up with our "media." Im a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan I listen to the fanatic out of Philly all the time. I cant begin to tell you the difference in quality. When someone or something sucks they let you know, they have great comments on games and coaching decisions. Again when the officals screw something up, yup they say that as well.

I simply detest most of 1290. Everyone is great especially the reffing. And the unchecked love they show Vegas is extremely worrisome like its league mandated or something. They present lazy "narrative" catch phrases for questions and discussion topics. Most of the people on that station are sub planted toronto natives half the time, and when they phone other media outlets and they brag about their team and how they are going to beat us there is ZERO response. Let them have it, BE HOMERS once and awhile.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I have tried over and over again to listen to tsn 1290. I have especially been trying to tune in on this magical playoff run. I can't say that I keep on the dial for more than 5 minutes before turning it off. Tried at lunch today and had it off within 3 minutes after Kevin Os love in for Reaves.

Didn't even bother tuning in the drive home program after turning it on yesterday and getting a dose of the Assiniboia Downs infomercial.

I know its not a popular opinion but I find the guests the IC guys have on to be pretty good and have been listening to that program.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Every time I turn on 1290 at home I get the vasectomy jingle and I get looked at funny :(

folix

Jul 24, 2011
I have tried over and over again to listen to tsn 1290. I have especially been trying to tune in on this magical playoff run. I can't say that I keep on the dial for more than 5 minutes before turning it off. Tried at lunch today and had it off within 3 minutes after Kevin Os love in for Reaves.

Didn't even bother tuning in the drive home program after turning it on yesterday and getting a dose of the Assiniboia Downs infomercial.

I know its not a popular opinion but I find the guests the IC guys have on to be pretty good and have been listening to that program.

LMAO I heard the first 10 seconds of the Reeves thing and hit the off button. Yup done.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Lol. Toth is absolutely the worst story teller ever. Anytime he utters the words “the best story I ever heard about...” you know you’re in for about 5 minutes of total rambling crap (with a few name-drops thrown in for good measure) that ends with you forgetting what the original topic even was. :laugh:

Westwood mentions that his kid had a soccer game at a real nice field last night and Toth goes off with “the best story I ever heard about a field...”. Theres never any pay-off! The story ends and there’s silence for a couple seconds and then a bit of polite chuckling. :laugh: “Hey good story there JT. Well done.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->