TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
So ..... I guess they think we should just concede Friday's game? :laugh:

Toth put that question to Dumb and Dumber and they retorted with "Will the Jets only dress 5 defencemen on Friday? Will they start the game on a 5 on 3?" I'd say they have a one-track mind but if added together I think you get more like a halfwit.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If the missed call cost them the game then:

1. The Wild can only score in a 5-on-3 situation or
2. Can only score when JoMo is not on the ice

They had over half a game's worth of #2 to show that is not the case. If #1 is true, do you really think that the Wild were going to get another 5-on-3 in the game or in overtime in order to get the SECOND goal they would need to actually win?

Momentum, blah, blah. It's best of 7 for a reason.

or
3. Can only score in a 5-on-3 situation and JoMo is not on the ice. :laugh:

If we are going to deal in alternate timelines go back to the penalty call immediately prior. There was no infraction. It shouldn't have been called. Without that call we are not killing a penalty. JoMo probably isn't even on the ice.

That bad call almost cost is the game. If JoMo had then been called for the cross-check then the bad call on Trouba would have cost us the game. ..... And Friday's game too .... then probably the series .... and the SC! :rant::madfire::sarcasm::laugh:

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Smart move by Boudreau - takes focus off of his lackluster players and ineffective gameplan. Everyone's talking about this now instead of "how is a 101 point team getting creamed by a franchise that hadn't even won a playoff game in its entire 20 year existence until last Wednesday?!"

I mean, the last thing he needs is people talking about his long, ignoble record of choking in the playoffs...year after year of underperformance going back a decade. It's amazing really...people love to joke about France getting their asses handed to them by the Germans twice in the 20th Century, but Boudreau's teams get rolled over every single postseason. Yeah, hey - let's talk about how Morrissey is the root cause - I wonder if Morrissey has a time machine and he sabotaged all of Bruce's past playoff teams? I wouldn't put it past him!

Jets fans say he's not dirty, but if he goes back in time to sabotage Boudreau's career and talks like a duck...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
holy hell they just had a conversation that perfectly exemplifies why Toth is so frikking annoying! Talking about whether or not it would be "surprising" for the Jets to win in 7 - as they are all picking Preds in 7. Westwood says "well no, I mean we're picking preds in 7 so how could anyone be surprised if the Jet's won in 7?" Toth could not get it...just a simple logical position and he can't comprehend.

Reactions: thegr8one66

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
holy hell they just had a conversation that perfectly exemplifies why Toth is so frikking annoying! Talking about whether or not it would be "surprising" for the Jets to win in 7 - as they are all picking Preds in 7. Westwood says "well no, I mean we're picking preds in 7 so how could anyone be surprised if the Jet's won in 7?" Toth could not get it...just a simple logical position and he can't comprehend.
Ha...did not hear the conversation, so coming in blind, but someway/somehow Westwood is getting too much credit :huh::D

Reactions: thegr8one66

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Toth probably thinks it's a 14-game swing.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Ha...did not hear the conversation, so coming in blind, but someway/somehow Westwood is getting too much credit :huh::D

Sorry, but while Westy has shortcomings, he is at least usually capable of backing his statements up with some sort of logic. Toth really just seems like a stump at times...

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
For those of you that listen to CJOB instead of 1290, this afternoon at 1:30 Kathy Kennedy will have Curt Keilback and Peter Young as her guests. Also, just announced this morning, the Hot Line of Bobby Hull, Anders Hedberg and Ulf Nilsson are to be in studio as well just after 1:00 (possibly a bit later due to flight delays coming into Winnipeg). The Hot Line members (along with many teammates) will be in town for the 1978 Avco Cup reunion (40th anniversary) being held at the Hotel Fort Garry on Saturday. Should be some interesting stories for sure!

:jets

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Everytime I hear that guy in the hot tub radio commercial moaning and groaning I get the impression he is enjoying something other than the hot tub experience.

Yeah, but... you know... :laugh:

c5e0eecec413ed3dbee4a2c2bbf2b47c.jpg

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Kevin O needs to learn that he's not the main attraction when he's conducting an interview. Super annoying when he has some talking point or funny comment he wants to get off and he just pounds it out right overtop of whoever he's interviewing whether the interviewee is talking or not. Even more so when he makes a "funny" and then spends about 20 seconds laughing at his own joke while the person he's invited onto the show tries in vain to get a word in edgewise.

Kevin O - makes joke. starts laughing at joke...

Interviewee - "yes true, and I think that..."

Kevin O - still laughing...

Interviewee - "...I think that..."

Interviewee - "..."

Last edited:

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Kevin O needs to learn that he's not the main attraction when he's conducting an interview. Super annoying when he has some talking point or funny comment he wants to get off and he just pounds it out right overtop of whoever he's interviewing whether the interviewee is talking or not. Even more so when he makes a "funny" and then spends about 20 seconds laughing at his own joke while the person he's invited onto the show tries in vain to get a word in edgewise.

Kevin O - makes joke. starts laughing at joke...

Interviewee - "yes true, and I think that..."

Interviewee - "...I think that..."

Interviewee - "..."

He went to the Asshat School of Wannabe Broadcasters and majored in Rude Interruptions.

Reactions: Jets 31 and blues10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad