TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Westwood is horrible, worse than Toth.

Hustler is still by far the best this station has to offer. I'd put Rewucki second and then after that no one is particularly good.

Kevin O is definitely at the bottom though, he's awful. Send Rick Ralph back to the Rona Round Table and doing pre/post game shows. He has no chemistry with Hustler and he was actually pretty good on those shows in the past.
I think the problem with RR and Huss is they both want to be the host. When they are at their worst one will start a topic the other will chime in the change the topic and then the other will want to finish their thought on the original topic. Huss also has no clue what to do when RR starts with is weird talk out of nowhere, I don' blame him. It took Hnidey years to figure that out.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Kidd's uh problem is getting worse. Someone in the booth must be punching him in the stomach every six seconds.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Why do these guys always suggest everyone in Wpg is in panic mode? Like ......shut up already!!!! Getting tired of that narrative.

yeah there's the panic narrative, and there's the "winnipeggers are now expecting a cup this year" narrative. Both are annoying...

What most winnipeggers are doing is enjoying having a team that wins way more than it loses for once.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
What a dick head question Kevin O just aske Brendan Lemieux

Along the lines of "when the Jets bring in a guy like Stastny does it make it easier to be where you are (on the Moose)"
Agree, for the life of me can't understand the point of that question or why it would be asked?

I mean you almost expected him to follow up with are you glad Foley got dealt to eliminate a young LW from the prospect pool.

He's NHL ready can't be enjoyable to not be up when the run is about to happen and the team is poised to be a serious factor. I believe he's in the NHL this October, with the Jets or elsewhere, no reason for another AHL season imo.

Reactions: Jets 31

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
What a dick head question Kevin O just aske Brendan Lemieux

Along the lines of "when the Jets bring in a guy like Stastny does it make it easier to be where you are (on the Moose)"

what does that even mean?? I always hate it when they ask guys direct questions about how they feel about getting sent down and stuff. Makes me cringe...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Man , was listening to RR and Hustler talking to Lawless was hilarious , Lawless was breathing so hard it made me want to take deep breaths , and then Lawless apologizes for his heavy breathing , says he is out for a walk with his wife and kid and is trying to keep up with them .:laugh:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Is that "Westy" bringing that up? What a bozo!

Well the discussion I heard involved the possibility of Buff being exposed in the expansion draft when Seattle gets going as a way to maybe get rid of the contract...

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Beyak on 1290 now proving that as a hockey announcer, he makes a good parrot of bogus party lines.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Well the discussion I heard involved the possibility of Buff being exposed in the expansion draft when Seattle gets going as a way to maybe get rid of the contract...
Thats a great strategy. They wouldnt take him if he only has 1 year left. But a good option for the Jets to have.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Man , was listening to RR and Hustler talking to Lawless was hilarious , Lawless was breathing so hard it made me want to take deep breaths , and then Lawless apologizes for his heavy breathing , says he is out for a walk with his wife and kid and is trying to keep up with them .:laugh:
I did hear about Scarlet Letters ;)

This isn't the first time Lawless has been very direct with comments pertaining to Winnipeg since he left. He said so many people need to be wearing scarlet letters because of their positions on Kevin Cheveldayoff. Then directly ( and accurately ) called them idiots.

He also again said he fully expects a parade in Winnipeg in the next 5 years. Not a Santa Claus one, not a Pride one but one that sounds like the Stastny Copp parade ;)

Scarlet is a beautiful colour. Some handles should be emblazoned.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I did hear about Scarlet Letters ;)

This isn't the first time Lawless has been very direct with comments pertaining to Winnipeg since he left. He said so many people need to be wearing scarlet letters because of their positions on Kevin Cheveldayoff. Then directly ( and accurately ) called them idiots.

He also again said he fully expects a parade in Winnipeg in the next 5 years. Not a Santa Claus one, not a Pride one but one that sounds like the Stastny Copp parade ;)

Scarlet is a beautiful colour. Some handles should be emblazoned.
I believe Blake Wheeler put it best when he said "Pump the brakes here a little bit." ;)

Of course Wheeler is part of the infamous "Atlanta Association" (Andrew Ladd, Blake Wheeler, Bryan Little, Toby Enstrom and Dustin Byfuglien) that Lawless identified as the problem with the Jets back in 2013, so maybe we shouldn't listen to him. It's amazing that 60% of the Atlanta Association is still here in critical roles and the Jets are somehow winning despite that! Well, I suppose Gary will know who to blame if the Jets stumble in the playoffs...

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
I believe Blake Wheeler put it best when he said "Pump the brakes here a little bit." ;)

Of course Wheeler is part of the infamous "Atlanta Association" (Andrew Ladd, Blake Wheeler, Bryan Little, Toby Enstrom and Dustin Byfuglien) that Lawless identified as the problem with the Jets back in 2013, so maybe we shouldn't listen to him. It's amazing that 60% of the Atlanta Association is still here in critical roles and the Jets are somehow winning despite that! Well, I suppose Gary will know who to blame if the Jets stumble in the playoffs...
Not so amazing when you look at who's gone and who has replaced the abysmal high draft picks that Atlanta missed on and the depth that is now here and was so obviously not when the franchise moved.

Burmistrov, Bogosian, Kane ... OUCH!!!

Scarlet letters, perfect.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Not so amazing when you look at who's gone and who has replaced the abysmal high draft picks that Atlanta missed on and the depth that is now here and was so obviously not when the franchise moved.

Burmistrov, Bogosian, Kane ... OUCH!!!

Scarlet letters, perfect.
Perhaps you can petition the mods to emblazon a scarlet letter on the avatar of anyone who has been critical of Chevy!

It is a terrible sin, I know, but I also feel it might undermine the cheerful bonhomie around this board when the team is winning! :laugh:

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Perhaps you can petition the mods to emblazon a scarlet letter on the avatar of anyone who has been critical of Chevy!

It is a terrible sin, I know, but I also feel it might undermine the cheerful bonhomie around this board when the team is winning! :laugh:
I think those that were so adamant should just do the right thing themselves ;) After all it should be a small price to pay for now being able to enjoy the team and for being able to do so going forward to admit their errors :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->