TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wasn't a fan of Kevin O when he did the sports on CTV . I absolutely hate how he fake laughs at everything , and he asks some questions and starts talking before the person finishes their answers . The fake laughs drive me crazy though , does he have gas all the time and is laughing at that . :laugh:

Reactions: bennysflyers16

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
There was a hilarious technical error on 1290 last night. I was driving to the local Safeway for some milk at about 9:30, I put the radio on they had audio of the team Canada women's hockey game. Suddenly, superimposed over it was the afternoon show with Hustler and Rick Ralph, so basically it was all confusing gibberish. Someone fell asleep on the audio control panel? haha
How is that any different than normal?

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Remember when Jay Richardson was the voice of sanity keeping Westwood strange ramblings in check and even introducing a little insight at times?

basplit

Jan 12, 2014
Holy **** they need to get a hazmat crew into that studio at 1290 to clean it out. It must be a friggin plague zone! Westwood has had a dry cough for 5 straight years!

“Hmph hmph hmph...scuse me.”

Then off mic “hack hack hack!”

And Rewicki sounds like he’s not gonna make it thru the show this morning...

LOL...

Hey Westy try and have a glass of water near by...
smh....

basplit

Jan 12, 2014
Bang on. Ralph doesn't work on the drive home show playing second fiddle to Hustler. Actually thought Toth worked well with Hustler. Kevin O is basically dead air, miss RR in that slot. Can't even listen to the morning show as Westwood's whining and soap box stands are intolerable!

I agree with the Round Table and even the Post Game RR was great in the spots.
I looked forward to the calls when RR was there.

Now the post game talk before they open up the phones---is boring as heck.

I'm sure the ratings will show that.

RR dry humor is great when hes by himself---Doesnt work well with Huss.

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I agree with the Round Table and even the Post Game RR was great in the spots.
I looked forward to the calls when RR was there.

Now the post game talk before they open up the phones---is boring as heck.

I'm sure the ratings will show that.

RR dry humor is great when hes by himself---Doesnt work well with Huss.

Totally, listened to the post game show a lot when RR did that show, Kevin O’s post game show is BORING!

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Brandon Rewucki now telling listeners they wouldn't understand his POV unless they played hockey at a high level, lol. He tells his hockey stories as though he was a 10 year vet in the NHL, with a belief that he is teaching his listener.

Dude doesn't even show up in Hockey DB, was a 4rth round pick of the Steelers. Hey Brandon, most of your male listeners have played around that level as well and still dont understand what you are saying,.

The big show needs to bring in an ex NHLer to give this show some cred. When you have Westie and Brandon acting like they are the Howie Meekers of the show, because one kicked a ball through uprights, and the other playerd major jr., it kinda makes the show a joke.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Brandon Rewucki now telling listeners they wouldn't understand his POV unless they played hockey at a high level, lol. He tells his hockey stories as though he was a 10 year vet in the NHL, with a belief that he is teaching his listener.

Dude doesn't even show up in Hockey DB, was a 4rth round pick of the Steelers. Hey Brandon, most of your male listeners have played around that level as well and still dont understand what you are saying,.

The big show needs to bring in an ex NHLer to give this show some cred. When you have Westie and Brandon acting like they are the Howie Meekers of the show, because one kicked a ball through uprights, and the other playerd major jr., it kinda makes the show a joke.
Trevor Kidd is awful and he's an ex NHLer, so I'm not sure it's that simple.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,

Maybe he's talking to his co-hosts? :popcorn:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Brandon is the best of the Big Show bunch, which might not be saying a lot. He seems to have the most unbiased view of the Jets and knowledgeable of the NHL and hockey in general

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Trevor Kidd is awful and he's an ex NHLer, so I'm not sure it's that simple.

I like JP Vigier, think he would be a major improvement. Jimmie Slater said he would love to get into media when 1290 interviewed him. Would be really nice to bring in a ex Jet 1.0 or 2.0.

There are plenty of options out there, besides Kidd.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
I like JP Vigier, think he would be a major improvement. Jimmie Slater said he would love to get into media when 1290 interviewed him. Would be really nice to bring in a ex Jet 1.0 or 2.0.

There are plenty of options out there, besides Kidd.
I think JP's okay, but Rewucki is much better.

My point was that not all ex NHLers make good radio analysts. If there is a good one out there I'm all for it, but just because they played in the league doesn't mean they will be good at radio.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

My point was that not all ex NHLers make good radio analysts. If there is a good one out there I'm all for it, but just because they played in the league doesn't mean they will be good at radio.
And some aren't good at uh uh uh um um either tv or uh um radio . :laugh:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014

I agree.

But I didn't really care for Hnidy when he started but he developed into a solid media guy over the five seasons he was with us.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->