TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
Pretty good guess seeing as how the title of the thread is "TSN Radio: 1290 am".

Just curious -- have you ever been a contestant on Wheel of Fortune?
You are a very funny person. Didn’t I see your work back in the 90s on an Evening at the Improv?
My post was meant to be sarcastic. I assumed a comedian would detect that.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
From what I know now that TSN 1290 have plans to make changes to their programming. I don't think many will be let go but I do expect shuffling in the host chair and how shows are produced.
So any idea when will these changes be announced and rolled out? I'm starting to miss listening to sports radio, but just too turned off the current group to put in the effort. All I listen to now is Hustler and Rick Ralph but the pillow stuff needs to end.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Rick Ralph and Hustler do not work well together. They just don’t compliment each other, each likes to play the main host role, so they kinda step on each others toes, and Rick is just better suited to be a solo host.

They need a more Lawlessesque type personality with Hustler, someone that will go off a bit on whatever the topic is, and give more of an opinionated response. Ralph gives more observational responses.

Put Ralph back on in the afternoon, and find someone else to pair with Hustler

Reactions: purdy44 and JBM

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Rick Ralph and Hustler do not work well together. They just don’t compliment each other, each likes to play the main host role, so they kinda step on each others toes, and Rick is just better suited to be a solo host.

They need a more Lawlessesque type personality with Hustler, someone that will go off a bit on whatever the topic is, and give more of an opinionated response. Ralph gives more observational responses.

Put Ralph back on in the afternoon, and find someone else to pair with Hustler

RR and Hustler are both Baby faces and that makes it tougher to get the chemistry. I don’t mind the show as is however, say what you will about Lawless but he and Hustler were a great combination.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Be nice if they were punting Kevin O or Toth.

Isn't RR girlfriend in Calgary, maybe he's moving west?

Toth was actually pretty good when did the drive home show with Hustler, they played off each other, RR and Hustler is too much playing with each other!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Man, when Toth shifts into “cool party bro” mode and pretends like he’s a wild an crazy dude it’s embarrassing. Any opportunity to shoehorn the phrase “tarps off” into a conversation can’t be ignored!

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Caught the post game with Kevin O and Ezzy on the drive home, never listened before....is it always that weird? Its a bit surreal, has a David Lynch feel kinda.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
They had one guy call in and ramble on for ten minutes about who should get the award for "best caller." Like anyone cares who the best caller is. Could tell Kevin O was trying to move him along at least...And that Aaron dude who has been calling for years but everytime he calls it's like it's his first time.

"Uh hi guys. I listen to your show every day and you guys do a great job. I really enjoy the show. I'm just going to say a few things and then I'll hang up and listen to your responses." Yeah Aaron...we all know your MO.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Isn't RR girlfriend in Calgary, maybe he's moving west?

Toth was actually pretty good when did the drive home show with Hustler, they played off each other, RR and Hustler is too much playing with each other!

I believe his girlfriend is on a Winnipeg fm radio station at the moment, Peggy something.

Toth I think isn't as contrarian as his big show persona would lead you to believe. Radio is dreadfully dull when everyone agrees with each other

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I believe his girlfriend is on a Winnipeg fm radio station at the moment, Peggy something.

Toth I think isn't as contrarian as his big show persona would lead you to believe. Radio is dreadfully dull when everyone agrees with each other

Maybe RR has more than one girlfriend!

Reactions: ps241

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

people keep saying that. I don't buy it. First of all, I don't think he's smart enough to adopt a stance that he doesn't mean to just to improve the show. But also, I used to listen to him on OB and he was the same way there on his own show. I don't have an issue with contrarian. But it needs to makes sense...

...of course all that has nothing to do with my comment about his "party bro" stuff.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
people keep saying that. I don't buy it. First of all, I don't think he's smart enough to adopt a stance that he doesn't mean to just to improve the show. But also, I used to listen to him on OB and he was the same way there on his own show. I don't have an issue with contrarian. But it needs to makes sense...

...of course all that has nothing to do with my comment about his "party bro" stuff.

I don't think he's good at being the contrarian. I think he knows that there needs to be some sort of debate on the show but he takes flimsy positions and makes worse arguments on them.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Lol, Toth lamenting the “unfairness” of the fact that the golden knights are called the most successful expansion team in nhl history. Not fair to all those poor expansion teams over the years who didn’t get to cherry pick players like Vegas did.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Lol, Toth lamenting the “unfairness” of the fact that the golden knights are called the most successful expansion team in nhl history. Not fair to all those poor expansion teams over the years who didn’t get to cherry pick players like Vegas did.

I like the fact that the team is competitive right out of the gate, especially in a new (and traditionally non-hockey) market.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I like the fact that the team is competitive right out of the gate, especially in a new (and traditionally non-hockey) market.

Yeah for sure. It’s just another example of Toth weirdness. This is a thing he feels is wrong - that previous expansion teams had to slog through the muck for a few years before getting competitive so we shouldn’t compare them and the GKs. However, ain’t nothing wrong with a team’s entire history being removed from one city and shifted over to some other city in another country because some rich guy bought himself a franchise.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
He seems to think that the teams have to do penance, and "earn" their way in. Personally, I just want a strong NHL. They've already bought in and made MY team stronger financially - I don't see any point to treating teams the way the WHA teams were treated (for instance). Doesn't make much business sense.

I'm pretty sure I'm around as old as Toth, but I'm pretty sure I'm more progressive in my thought processes about hockey. :laugh: He's distinctly old-skool on many, many positions.

I'm glad I no longer listen.

Reactions: Aavco Cup

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
He seems to think that the teams have to do penance, and "earn" their way in. Personally, I just want a strong NHL. They've already bought in and made MY team stronger financially - I don't see any point to treating teams the way the WHA teams were treated (for instance). Doesn't make much business sense.

I'm pretty sure I'm around as old as Toth, but I'm pretty sure I'm more progressive in my thought processes about hockey. :laugh: He's distinctly old-skool on many, many positions.

I'm glad I no longer listen.

Not to mention how many people thought McPhee had pooched his great opportunity to put a winning product on the ice because of his idiotic XD picks. So much revisionist history.

BTW I actually picked Vegas as a WC team before the season started.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
It was a sweet deal for LV, but they certainly paid for it. 550,000,000 USD should get you something. Its not their fault that they leapfrog all these other franchises that have hobbled themselves with idotic contracts and careless drafting, management etc

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Not to mention how many people thought McPhee had pooched his great opportunity to put a winning product on the ice because of his idiotic XD picks. So much revisionist history.

BTW I actually picked Vegas as a WC team before the season started.
As good as things have gone, McPhee could have done much, much better imo.

Reactions: sipowicz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad