TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I’m definitely in the minority here but I like the 6-Pack. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Couldn’t agree more the best part about winter is no forced Assiniboine Downs infomercials at 4:15 every Wednesday.

Because My Pillow is so awkward and forced, there’s zero chance I’ll ever buy it. And it’s not just on 1290. 92Citi and Power97 also do very similar promos for it.
Sounds like people are getting tired of the inline ads. You know what's great when I'm tired? My Pillow. Order now using the code Gm0ney2017 and you can get 2 for 1 in this offer exclusive to HFJets readers.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Sounds like people are getting tired of the inline ads. You know what's great when I'm tired? My Pillow. Order now using the code Gm0ney2017 and you can get 2 for 1 in this offer exclusive to HFJets readers.

WTF? Your code failed. False advertising. Now I have to sleep with my existing crappy pillow. Jerk.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
As a former NFL nut I can say there are some issues. I cant even put a finger on it, if its Goodall, the anthem stuff, the franchise re-location nonsense, or the Euro expansion insanity..........Hmmm ok maybe I just did figure it out. In any case I just have such a sour taste in my mouth I can't be interested anymore. And the Vikings are winning !!!! ughh
I was a huge nfl fan but today barely watch it. the Patriot cheating left a bad taste in my mouth and the games can be so boring and long.

Reactions: sipowicz

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I like the NFL for fantasy league purposes but with kids 9 and 5 years old I have very little time to watch the games.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Oh gawd...the My Pillow fungus has spread to the Big Show. Westwood is doing it now... :( Seriously something needs to be done about this My Pillow thing. It's spreading like stomach cancer.

oh, and just so we're all clear on this - Jim Toth gets what you're saying. He can see both sides of this and he doesn't disagree with you...but he can understand why it was done the way it was and he's OK with it. He just thinks it will be intersting how it all plays out.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I like the NFL for fantasy league purposes but with kids 9 and 5 years old I have very little time to watch the games.

I originally misread this as " having 9 kids" which would also not alter your point.

Also if true #why-didnt-I-call-Dr.J ;)

Reactions: ps241

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
y'know what are some terrible ads on 1290? UN Luggage. There's one where some guy claims his "secret wallet" made him the life of the party at his family reunion. When people saw his credit cards rising magically out of his secret wallet they thought he was david-freakin-blaine! LOL...and then there's the one that talks about "wallet bulge" - vaguely offensive

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
LOL. The NFL isn’t in “serious financial trouble”. I agree that they, of any sports league, could be in a position to trend downwards. But “serious financial trouble” right now is outrageously untrue.
They are paying refunds to advertisers and tickets can be had for $2. Even Green Bay is having problems.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Oh gawd...the My Pillow fungus has spread to the Big Show. Westwood is doing it now... :( Seriously something needs to be done about this My Pillow thing. It's spreading like stomach cancer.

oh, and just so we're all clear on this - Jim Toth gets what you're saying. He can see both sides of this and he doesn't disagree with you...but he can understand why it was done the way it was and he's OK with it. He just thinks it will be intersting how it all plays out.
Is Rick Ralph part owner of this company ? I even hear him force it in interviews , like what the hell ? I will NEVER by one now just because it's so annoying . Also hate that Tim's commercial on TV every Jets game with all the family's shoveling snow but that's just me . :laugh:

Reactions: sipowicz

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Is Rick Ralph part owner of this company ? I even hear him force it in interviews , like what the hell ? I will NEVER by one now just because it's so annoying . Also hate that Tim's commercial on TV every Jets game with all the family's shoveling snow but that's just me . :laugh:
My most hated commercial is the one where the man and woman complain about mutual fund fees to a smarmy financial planner. (The fees charged by mutual funds are unjust IMO. But that commercial is on too often. Likely will be until the end of February.)

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
Dave Hodge announced via Twitter today that he is leaving TSN. He would be great on 1290. Wouldn’t happen though I suppose..

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Really?
I guess I could have said TSN television.
TSN also has radio stations I think.

Correct
TSN1150 Hamilton
TSN1200 Ottawa
TSN690 Montreal
TSN1050 Toronto
TSN1290 Winnipeg
TSN1260 Edmonton
TSN1040 Vancouver

If he wanted to do radio full time why would he leave TSN? Why would he leave Toronto for Winnipeg?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Ryan Brandt

@Ryan_Brandt
Career backup goalie. Sports reporter/anchor at 650 CKOM and host of Hockey Talk on CKOM and CJME. Play by play for University of Saskatchewan hockey.

Looking at his twitter feed, seems to know quite a bit about hockey, and has covered tons of junior hockey / prospects. Could be a nice addition to the general level of hockey knowledge at 1290.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Looking at his twitter feed, seems to know quite a bit about hockey, and has covered tons of junior hockey / prospects. Could be a nice addition to the general level of hockey knowledge at 1290.

He’s had a couple hit songs, biggest was “I do”! I :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->