TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Kevin O please no. I had to turn him off the other day that is not for me. Even worse than the first hour of hustler with the entertainment talk (wrestling, eating, betting )

I have truly enjoy listening to RR at lunch listen everyday for an hour. By far the best guy they have.

I'll totally cry into my pillow if this happens.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'm generally fine with RR
Although the constant tidal wave of saliva in his mouth can kind of drive me nuts.
Also the weird "stealth" My Pillow commercials are really off putting.
Just record a normal commercial.
Trying to slip it in like some casual conversation piece is pretty embarrassing.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Way too much My Pillow talk. Put it in the commercial break.

Its like putting ads on the Jerseys..1 step too far. And now no Olympics so no watching hockey played without TV time-outs.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
TSN 1050 is sticking with a Free Agent show all afternoon and 1290 taps out at 2 PM in favour of the Jays getting a mud hole stomped in them again.

Listening, it's amazing how the narrative changes depending on the market . Apparently Mason is "confusing" for Winnipeg but Toronto signing 2 back-up goalies in Sparks and McElhenny is "good".

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
TSN 1050 is sticking with a Free Agent show all afternoon and 1290 taps out at 2 PM in favour of the Jays getting a mud hole stomped in them again.

Listening, it's amazing how the narrative changes depending on the market . Apparently Mason is "confusing" for Winnipeg but Toronto signing 2 back-up goalies in Sparks and McElhenny is "good".

That would explain why it stopped working online around that time.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Last night 1290 had a video game show on?????
Today there is some other show on (not Winnipeg).
It says the Gondola Warmup Show but clearly isn't a Winnipeg produced show.
Is this just a holiday thing.
Or has TSN 1290 been canned and we are going to be stuck with out of province radio?

Yikes!!!!

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Golf Talk Canada on now. Baffles my mind how much they dedicate to golf on 1290. Rarely if ever do any of their callers call in to talk golf.

JetsCameHome

Sep 19, 2011
Assiniboine downs talk is the worst crap on there. I'm sure tomorrow will also be non stop hot dog contest.

Briscodog

May 2, 2016
Want to know how successful a radio station is? Listen to the commercials during their "peak" hours. Case in point. I'm listening (for some reason :shakehead) between 7:30 and 8am (peak hours) last week and the first commercial I hear is for TSN 1290 itself. Why would the station advertise for itself during what should be their most lucrative ad space?? The second commercial? For Bell media. For those of you who aren't aware, Bell owns TSN 1290. So the first 60 seconds of ad time are paid for by themselves. This tells me they struggle to get other businesses to buy that ad space. That space is too valuable to be using yourself. But it's clear this stations ratings are making it difficult to attract advertisers. And to have trouble attracting advertisers during peak hours is really troublesome.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Assiniboine downs talk is the worst crap on there. I'm sure tomorrow will also be non stop hot dog contest.

Ugh. And Hustler is already tweeting about the eating contest too. Automatic radio shut off for me when that comes on.

Sixty Minute Man

Apr 13, 2013
Winnipeg, Mb
Want to know how successful a radio station is? Listen to the commercials during their "peak" hours. Case in point. I'm listening (for some reason :shakehead) between 7:30 and 8am (peak hours) last week and the first commercial I hear is for TSN 1290 itself. Why would the station advertise for itself during what should be their most lucrative ad space?? The second commercial? For Bell media. For those of you who aren't aware, Bell owns TSN 1290. So the first 60 seconds of ad time are paid for by themselves. This tells me they struggle to get other businesses to buy that ad space. That space is too valuable to be using yourself. But it's clear this stations ratings are making it difficult to attract advertisers. And to have trouble attracting advertisers during peak hours is really troublesome.

I believe they are required by law to identify the station regularly. Also, Bell just bought MTS, so of course they are going to want to advertise like crazy during peak radio times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->