TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benny27

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Starting to think the main Jets Media (Hnidy, Edmond, Munz etc) think we are all idiots. Edmonds going on and on how Pavs gives us the best chance to win and provides stablity back there. WTF. Enough with this already. Pretty sure Helle could have started last night. I have no issue with Pav being a back up for now but this is getting ridiculous. If i were Wheeler, Little or Enstrom i would demand a trade out of here. The careers of these guys r being wasted.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Starting to think the main Jets Media (Hnidy, Edmond, Munz etc) think we are all idiots. Edmonds going on and on how Pavs gives us the best chance to win and provides stablity back there. WTF. Enough with this already. Pretty sure Helle could have started last night. I have no issue with Pav being a back up for now but this is getting ridiculous. If i were Wheeler, Little or Enstrom i would demand a trade out of here. The careers of these guys r being wasted.

I don't think it's some intentional misdirect by these guys when they're talking about veteran presence, stability, etc. Hnidy won a Cup because of "veteran presence", so he thinks it's a great thing to have. Munz and Edmonds have probably played goal in their basements against their kids a couple of times, so they think they know what they're talking about with it. They don't. They think that the last two games of Hellebuyck's career define the whole thing, and that if we're getting that level anyway, we should play the "veteran" because he knows how to play himself out of it - but Pavelec isn't playing badly for him, he's just a bad goalie. This is normal Pavelec.

I guess if you're used to playing with this poor level of goaltending every night, he might give you the best chance to win because you've managed to somehow win games in spite of him in the past.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
No complaints from me about the NFL talk. I tune in for NFL and Jets talk. Nothing else.

I follow CFL closely and am a long-suffering bomber fan. I am also a big NFL fan - I have no problem listening to TSN's NFL perspective as they get good commentary, even on the Big Show. I don't see the NFL as a threat AT ALL to the CFL game, except in the wonky Toronto market where they have always hankered for their own NFL team. Having said that, Toronto is a unique market... saturated with sports events that clamour for the fan dollar. I listen to 1290 for sports, and get world news and Canadiana-comedy, ideas perspective on CBC.

Briscodog

May 2, 2016
Edmonds was calling semi-pro baseball not that long ago and somehow that makes him an expert on the Jets or anything NHL. It's pathetic. Maybe he fools some people or his bosses but not anybody with a sliver of hockey intelligence.

Or maybe he's just inexpensive and that would fall right in line with everything else TNSE 1290 does.

Saw a comedian bomb in Brandon a few years ago but he did say one thing funny. "I guess if I was any good I wouldn't be in Brandon". A salient point indeed.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I don't think it's some intentional misdirect by these guys when they're talking about veteran presence, stability, etc. Hnidy won a Cup because of "veteran presence", so he thinks it's a great thing to have. Munz and Edmonds have probably played goal in their basements against their kids a couple of times, so they think they know what they're talking about with it. They don't. They think that the last two games of Hellebuyck's career define the whole thing, and that if we're getting that level anyway, we should play the "veteran" because he knows how to play himself out of it - but Pavelec isn't playing badly for him, he's just a bad goalie. This is normal Pavelec.

I guess if you're used to playing with this poor level of goaltending every night, he might give you the best chance to win because you've managed to somehow win games in spite of him in the past.

Hnidy won a cup because Tim Thomas put up arguably the best playoff performance in history. That team kinda sucked otherwise imho.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Lol...Toth on playing Pav both games of a b2b - "I don't think they are looking at the stats. I don't think this is about stats. They are trying to get wins and they are saying 'who gives us the best chance to win?'"

See, one of Toth's issues is that he has a real problem cognitively when it comes to seeing how stats relate to reality. He seems to think that stats and reality don't actually interconnect. Statistics only describe what happened...they don't give you any insight into what might happen.

And of course when he realizes he's sounding dumb he says "and I'm not saying I agree with that, I'm just saying that's what they said they are doing." :shakehead. No Jim, that's what you said they are doing. Paul never told you he's ignoring statistics. And the point you were arguing against was that coach made a mistake playing Pav anyway so you really just argued yrself around a perfect circle anyway...

Nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad