TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
yeah well, it ain't a court of law. I mean I suspect if Westwood says he knows something he's probably not lying, but at the same time I wouldn't expect him to share it on the air. In the end, it's up to the individual if they wan't to buy what he's selling or not.

I have no doubt he was being completely serious. I'm not sure how any observant person could have missed the signs that Ladd had checked out. Many fans will choose to believe whatever makes them happy or supports their notions.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
TSN isn't allocating funds to the different cities and their stations. They have to be self-sufficient. The question I'd ask to people saying they need to spend on bringing in new radio talent is where would the money come from?

Dr. Jay has neutered every guy in the province it seems - take it from him.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I have no doubt he was being completely serious. I'm not sure how any observant person could have missed the signs that Ladd had checked out. Many fans will choose to believe whatever makes them happy or supports their notions.

Well lets hope Ladd enjoys playing 3rd line for the Islanders!

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Ladd

Did anybody catch the awkward segment this morning where Westwood was saying he has inside information on Ladd and why he didn't re-sign here that he can't share publicly? He was trying to win an argument with a caller, and basically said you're wrong and I have evidence but I'm not going to say it, so I took it with a grain of salt.

Ladd got fed up with the AHL management. He knew without NHL level experience in management this team will continue to be prone to mistakes.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Ladd got fed up with the AHL management. He knew without NHL level experience in management this team will continue to be prone to mistakes.

So he signed with the Islanders, a franchise well known for their competence in hockey ops. Makes sense. :sarcasm:

Whileee

May 29, 2010

A team with good NHL level management wouldn't be prone to a mistake like signing Ladd to a 7 x $5.5M deal. Just saying...

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
A team with good NHL level management wouldn't be prone to a mistake like signing Ladd to a 7 x $5.5M deal. Just saying...

I was about to state the same thing.

The irony in that statement is strong. Ladd wanting out due to bad management, yet had he resigned for what he wanted, it would signify bad management.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
In a world without a camo though how insane would our team be ifthe young guys pannout and we still had 55 point ladd?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Bingo! Already being called the worst FA deal of the off season! Ladd turns 31 in Dec. and his play is already in decline, doubt the guy is still in the NHL by the time year 5 of that contract rolls around! A 34-35 year old Ladd isn't going to be a pretty sight, guys hand eye coordination was bad for the past couple Jets seasons!

Best non- signing that Chevy ever made!

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I was about to state the same thing.

The irony in that statement is strong. Ladd wanting out due to bad management, yet had he resigned for what he wanted, it would signify bad management.

Agreed. It's a laughable statement from someone who continues to beat the same ridiculous drum about the organization.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
Instead of the same old regurgitation of contract drama, I'd love to hear a segment on coaching systems and team identities. Get some more in depth talk and you'd probably find yourself with a different audience

shoops

Aug 25, 2016
When will TSN1290 get rid of the replays at 10:00-11:00am & 1:00-2:00pm? Can they not flip to ESPN or another TSN station for these hours. Throw Remis/Rewicki or Toth (or somebody) in there to fill two hours... I leave it on at work all day & the replay gets old...

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Instead of the same old regurgitation of contract drama, I'd love to hear a segment on coaching systems and team identities. Get some more in depth talk and you'd probably find yourself with a different audience

Its surprising they never/rarely have any of the Jets/Moose coaches on. What is up? Do they have some sort of "no media" policy?

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Colour

Its surprising they never/rarely have any of the Jets/Moose coaches on. What is up? Do they have some sort of "no media" policy?

They don't even have a former player or coach do the in game colour. Munz and Edwards are clueless. They never or seldom say the name of what Jet screwed up on a goal against. Just seem to be interested in doing True North pr. Dump those 2 and replace with Peacock and Kidd.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Agreed. It's a laughable statement from someone who continues to beat the same ridiculous drum about the organization.

Agreed. As the team improves, players improve and our record improves, this silly narrative that our management team is incompetent becomes more laughable by the minute.

One day we will be celebrating a Stanley Cup winning season, and I somehow feel that will not be enough [mod].

Last edited by a moderator:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
They don't even have a former player or coach do the in game colour. Munz and Edwards are clueless. They never or seldom say the name of what Jet screwed up on a goal against. Just seem to be interested in doing True North pr. Dump those 2 and replace with Peacock and Kidd.

Limited access to coach's aside from the post game presser is pretty much standard in today's NHL (pro sports in general).

Having Munz and EDMONDS together is on 1290, when Beyak and Hnidy do the radio PxP on occasion the broadcast improves 100%!

Munz has improved a little, Edmonds seems more interested in improving his shtick which in itself is tiresome to listen to.

DRC

WestJet
Feb 23, 2015
Vancouver Island
Limited access to coach's aside from the post game presser is pretty much standard in today's NHL (pro sports in general).

Having Munz and EDMONDS together is on 1290, when Beyak and Hnidy do the radio PxP on occasion the broadcast improves 100%!

Munz has improved a little, Edmonds seems more interested in improving his shtick which in itself is tiresome to listen to.

I didn't mind Munz at all when he covered for Beyak on TV

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I didn't mind Munz at all when he covered for Beyak on TV

Me neither, he was surprisingly good. He is better suited to TV PxP, when he did the Jets games on 1290 he tended to talk way too much!

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Y'know what I find really annoying as far as ads right now on 1290? That little bumper they have for that new show Queen of the South. "In order to run a successful drug cartel you have to be a mean, ruthless man...until now!" OMG! It's a show about a drug kingpin...but get this! The kingpin is a woman! Can you believe that ****? She's a queenpin! Get it? Mind = blown! Plus just based on the two little bits of dialog they have in the ad I already know I hate the woman in the lead role.

What can I say? Little things really annoy me. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->