+ /-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
If I knew Colliton would be injured... Bolland in, Colliton out. This hopefully won't hurt Canada too badly as we have enough grinders and penalty killers to step up with Colliton down.

London Knights

Jun 1, 2004
I never liked the idea of carrying two injured players into the tournament because injured players are slightly more likely to get hurt again because they most likely will want back in before they are truly ready to do so.

Coleman would have been a good choice for the US in net, but you really couldn't argue with the selection of Schneider at the time. He was playing really well for his team and is a good goaltending prospect. Coleman didn't benefit from being the OHL though with Team USA's hierarchy.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
crossxcheck said:
subtract Goligoski, Lee, or Hagemo and Add johnson. the US defense is horrid.

Disagree...Likens has been your worse defenceman, and Hagemo has been alright IMO. Take out Likens or Lee for Johnson.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
neg marron said:
add one player and subtract one player who you feel would help and who 's hurting the usa roster , do the same for team canada
what player snubs could both teams use right now and who could they do with out

+ Robbie EARL

- Adam PINEAULT

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I'd subtract the entire Team USA defence minus Ryan Suter and insert the first set of pylons I could find.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
Matt MacInnis said:
I'd subtract the entire Team USA defence minus Ryan Suter and insert the first set of pylons I could find.

You'd actually be improving the defense, as Suter would be out there all the time.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Right now, as a result of the injury, I'd take out Jeremy Colliton and insert Alexandre Picard (F).

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
kris said:
Disagree...Likens has been your worse defenceman, and Hagemo has been alright IMO. Take out Likens or Lee for Johnson.

you might be right. I feel sorry for suter being paired with likens.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Matt MacInnis said:
Right now, as a result of the injury, I'd take out Jeremy Colliton and insert Alexandre Picard (F).

Probably should have been a player from the Camp ..

If they wanted to replace Colliton's offensive role then Eric Fehr
If they wanted to replace Colliton's energy checking role then Ryan Stone

Unless :

If they were thinking about WJC in Vancouver in 2006 then Gilbert Brule

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
The Messenger said:
Probably should have been a player from the Camp ..

If they wanted to replace Colliton's offensive role then Eric Fehr
If they wanted to replace Colliton's energy checking role then Ryan Stone

Unless :

If they were thinking about WJC in Vancouver in 2006 then Gilbert Brule

My thoughts exactly. Fehr and Stone would be the 2 best Canadians to step onto this roster. Getting Brule some experience now might also be a good idea.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Douggy said:
If by Mike Brown, you mean the player that is leading the OHL in Goals Against Average, Save Percentage, Wins and Shutouts, then you would be right. ;)
If Coleman played for Saginaw and Brown for London, their stats would be reversed.

I like Coleman's game, but it's pretty clear Mike Brown is a better goalie (ability wise) than Coleman, his personality isn't as stellar as Coleman's though...

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
How anyone on Team USA never got out to watch Dustin Byfuglien in Prince George is beyond me.

Tell me that he couldn't have added something to that blueline...

He didn't even get the chance to tryout.

-fullmetalninja

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
London Knights said:
Coleman didn't benefit from being the OHL though with Team USA's hierarchy.
The thing I don't get is that he played for the USNDP and won a gold medal at the U18 with them. :dunno:

And Boomhauer, I think Coleman has proven that he can win with a good team in front of him. I will conceed that Brown is the better NHL prospect.

That said, I think there is room for both on the USA roster, given the performance of Montoya and Schneider. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->