12 years later (Thornton trade)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Was this the day Thornton was traded. I was 20 at the time and I remember when this trade happened. I kinda wish the sharks made another franchise defining trade but that would mean getting someone like McDavid and that’s not happening.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The fact that the video ends on Drew making an awkward cowbell joke is just about the greatest possible way that package could've dated itself. :laugh:

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
My top 3 favorite Sharks fan moments.

The first time the Sharks beat the Wings in the PO's
The day the Sharks traded for Jumbo.
The moment I walked through the doors at the tank for our first Stanley Cup Finals home game.

Reactions: WSS11

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose

The moment I walked through the doors at the tank for our first Stanley Cup Finals home game.
My favorite moment was definitely going to game 1 of the finals in Pittsburgh. Was pretty cool to be in attendance for their first ever Stanley cup finals game.

Reactions: Led Zappa

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

Was sitting right behind the net with my girl friend for Donskoi’s OT winner. I’ll never forget it and thats the moment she truly became a fan. Best game I’ve ever been to in any sport.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA

It wasn’t when Donskoi scored? That seems to be a bigger moment. It’s probably my favorite moment as a sharks fan. Being there in that atmosphere.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
It was the whole damn thing :D

It was quite a day. I started watching the sharks regularly in the late 90s (Owen Nolan was my favorite player at the time) but I do remember Baker’s goal. It’s still not really top three for me. For me it’s

- The 4 overtime Playoff game against Dallas. They lost but it was one of the best games I ever saw

- The Thornton Trade

- being at Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final. Everything from the pregame to Donskoi’s goal was perfect.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Damn those Sabres jerseys were ugly AF.
Can't believe I used to like them, granted I was 12.

Joe's first game at the tank was for sure one of my all time greatest Sharks memories. Already had tickets before it happened, was pretty cool and he certainly didn't disappoint. His first season was flat out god like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->