GDT: 12/7/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Colorado vs Tampa Bay

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That's win #20 in our 28th game. Point% at exactly 75 right now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You know... Both goals were on Budaj, but he also came up with some big saves. When our backup stops the bleeding at 2 goals, we're gonna win a lot of games with this team. I know that doesn't make him a good goalie, but he did get the job done.

On another note, we're dominating long stretches of games in a way that I think is safe to call "unusual." Very, very often it feels like we're in no danger of losing the game. Felt that way for the last three in a row.

Reactions: Pomee

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
A good, solid win. Nice to get some wins for Budaj too and he was better after that first period. He didn't have to make any great saves but he was as good as he needed to be.

Reactions: Pomee

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Was anything wrong with Palat when he came off his last shift? Took a minor hit just before, then waived to bench but had to start back-checking, then just bailed right back to bench.
Looked like he either got hurt or broke a skate or something.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
A good, solid win. Nice to get some wins for Budaj too and he was better after that first period. He didn't have to make any great saves but he was as good as he needed to be.

He made some good saves. A couple of breakaways and he found the puck in some dangerous scrambles. The softies were really, really soft, so it's hard to swallow that... but still, if we can keep a team to 2 goals, we're gonna win. It's weird how Not True that statement was last year.

Reactions: jahbless and Pomee

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Was anything wrong with Palat when he came off his last shift? Took a minor hit just before, then waived to bench but had to start back-checking, then just bailed right back to bench.

I think the plastic guard on his skate broke

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Looked like his skate. When he got to the bench he put his skate up behind him for the equipment guy to look at.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Good to see Stammer look like....Stammer

Also, the 4th line is out of control lately.

I’ll bet Conacher is scratched or sent down Saturday. Rough game and J.T. probably needs to see the ice.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Good to see Killer get one. He looked pretty relieved. Be nice if he got hot for the next little stretch of games. As long as Killer, TJ, Palat, Names, etc. can get a nice, coordinated rotation going on their hot & cold streaks and we should be able to keep our average nightly tally in the 4-5 range.

Reactions: Hoek

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
How does that old saying go? Wins are nice

16212941521_126278c970_o.jpg

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Colorado is a very bad team. Wow. They had no answer for our speed and skill. Varlamov looks very beatable.

Credit to Budaj for shutting the door after that reallyyyyyy bad 2nd goal. I think he needs more playing time to get in a groove. Hard to come in cold once every 8 games.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
As the whole team does. I cannot blame them for some lazy plays today and lately (since LA game). They are leading the league and are playing against the worst team (may be Arizona can argue with this).

The hell kinda mentality is this? What has this team won for that kind of entitlement?

Reactions: JoVel

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Got a feeling this guy is gonna get stripped of his captaincy soon. Suspensions, pointless (no pun intended) penalties. Not exactly a great leader to say the least.

Trying too hard to be that "gritty leader" but does too many boneheaded plays, don't see a lot natural leadership abilities from Landeskog just in the way he carries himself, seems like he'd cause more of a locker room divide than uniting it, same with Eric Johnson. Mackinnon should be captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad