GDT: 12/6/17 @ Washington - 7:00 PM, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Lol, I literally said the game had something to do with the goalie but that doesn't mean there aren't other things to complain about.

This really isn't that hard to grasp. Forsberg gave up a really bad goal at a bad time. That's a fact. Please show me where I said the game was on him and him alone?

This isn't that hard to grasp. More than one thing can be true.
Ok i can’t argue. I just don’t think it was even 20% why the hawks lost tonight.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Duncan Keith -4 ...so this means he is now -11 for the seadon...checked out ...loses puck battles...bad positioning ...slow reacting ..mind and will not in games...gone 9ver the cliff.

Best duo tonight. .again Murphy +2 and Seabs +1 ...sure they are given the easier lines and sheltered monutes ..but at least they are not suckling lije Keith and whoever plays with Keith...he has gone over the cliff.

Sharp should retire...useless..nothing left to give.

TOEWS paddingnhiscstaysbon more late meaningless goals. .Kane ...where care you?Saad. ..well it is very Sad ...can we re-do the Panarin deal?

AA ..vetted re-grow the stachche quick
..play has dissipated since he shaved it off.

But what is the point of listing the flaws again and again?

It is a mess in big decline ...gotta syart thinking 9f blowing it alk up and re-forming...Going to take a few years.

However ...Hawks have 2 thong going...going to make all the advanced stats guys squirm...Out to prove corsi et al is not as important as shooting % ..The idea of hockey is to beat the oops goalies..This team clearly has huge problems in doing that ..May set the record in total of shots on goal and missed shot attempts and blocked shot attempts to goals actually scored ..as an all time Futility metric.Keith tge poster boy for this...7 shots on goal...and of course...Zero results...Futile.

And of course Nashville upgraded and doing so well from the acquisition of Turris...only to get even better with Ellis Co. Ing back in soon off injury..Tge strong add to strength. .The Hawks fading into futile get tge golf clubs ready mode. Hard to take.Hard to endure this long season of hell.. Hopes dashed...Stars falling off cliffs...Leaders not leading like they used to...Death..Finished. . Tea m Dynasty out on a puff of smoke ...Doom tuning to gloom..And the realization of no quick fix..

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
No, the team is not that far away from being very good. They have a GOOD team. They are getting results less than the sum of their parts. The forwards are massively underperforming. MASSIVELY. We have depth at the forward position. We have a solid Dman sitting in the press box for god knows what f***ing reason.

Im sooo tired of Q's bullshit.

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Did you watch the 2nd goal? This game certainly had something to do with the goalie.

That doesn't mean there aren't other things to complain about, but I know that's a hard concept for so many to grasp.

Lol, I literally said the game had something to do with the goalie but that doesn't mean there aren't other things to complain about.

This really isn't that hard to grasp. Forsberg gave up a really bad goal at a bad time. That's a fact. Please show me where I said the game was on him and him alone?

This isn't that hard to grasp. More than one thing can be true.

You really should consider a new catchphrase.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Adding insult to injury, because Bouma scored tonight, he'll almost certainly play on Friday. And while Franson sucked tonight, he'll definitely play against his old team (the Sabres) on Friday. If we lose that game, we'll be further behind in points, but those two might finally lose their spot (provided they don't score on Friday). If we win, they stay in the lineup even longer. Lose lose. I'm sad now. :(

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
You really should consider a new catchphrase.
Ha, like most people on here, I'm a bit on edge. Don't think anyone's happy with the way the team is playing. I'm prone to mistakes and repeating myself from time to time if I'm typing fast. I usually try to ninja edit it, but you got me.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Aside from Millbury's quip that the Hawks have gone from Powerhouse to Outhouse ..he zinger Schmaltz pretty good...calling him not an elite scorer but really just a role player not belonging on the vote 2 lines..so this is true of course ...we hoped Schmaltz could burst out this season to be a key guy in the top six..bit now we see he is a marginal player who cannot Finnish and who has defensive flaws in the d-zone e..example tonight ..he shoukd have easily coerced a puck out ...Instead he somehow fails to get it out boast Bourma blue line. .kept in. .they score. I coukd have cleared that puck out ..but not him! Speaking of clears ...Probably another 2 goals coukd have should have been cleared out..they were not. And of course Wash scores soon after..too may simple playsblije clears are not being executed ..contrast to how so many of our opps team make clearing look so easy ..especialky in their pk situations..

Simple things like clearing and keep ins can drastically change the results in games...for these 2 things at least our coaches must be held accountable to get our players a lot better at it ...

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I like how on the reddit hawks page any user who even suggests that Q's line changes produced a lot of flat play was downvoted almost instantly and their fandom was questioned

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No, the team is not that far away from being very good. They have a GOOD team. They are getting results less than the sum of their parts. The forwards are massively underperforming. MASSIVELY. We have depth at the forward position. We have a solid Dman sitting in the press box for god knows what ****ing reason.

Im sooo tired of Q's bull****.
the players are quitting on Q..... the last time i seen something like this was the end of Iron Mike's tenure in the Bhawks org.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I like how on the reddit hawks page any user who even suggests that Q's line changes produced a lot of flat play was downvoted almost instantly and their fandom was questioned

Is it really that different from here in which anyone who speaks out against Bowman is trashed and have fandom questioned?

Hawks are a mess and you can attribute large amount of problems to cap mismanagement from our GM and the loss of talent that has inflicted upon organization

Add in our captain quitting on team after his payday and you have franchise in bad place

Sadly this team is simply not as good as we wish it would be and for most part the kids aren't as good as we hoped they would be (Look no further then Ryan Hartman at this point)

As has been pointed out before if not for Debrincat , Crawford and most nights Forsling this team would be not all that enjoyable

Last edited:

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Is it really that different from here in which anyone who speaks out against Bowman is trashed and have fandom questioned?

Hawks are a mess and you cant race large amount of problems to cap mismanagement from our GM and the loss of talent that has inflicted upon organization

Add in our captain quitting on team after his payday and you have franchise in bad place

Sadly this team is simply not as good as we wish it would be and for most part the kids aren't as good as we hoped they would be (Look no further then Ryan Hartman at this point)

As has been pointed out before if not for Debrincat , Crawford and most nights Forsling this team would be not all that enjoyable
i disagree on some part of what you are saying. i will point out that this mess starts at the GM and ends with Q. the lack of cap room and mistakes are still rearing its ugly head. it ends with Q, b/c in my eyes, which is eyes of a fan, he can not adjust his style of play.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

Hawks are a mess and you cant race large amount of problems to cap mismanagement from our GM and the loss of talent that has inflicted upon organization

Gonna need proof of this Bowman trashing fandom questioning.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Simple things like clearing and keep ins can drastically change the results in games...for these 2 things at least our coaches must be held accountable to get our players a lot better at it ...

This doesn't fit into the arrogant and shortcut philosophy of the coach. Cute drop passes and high risk plays in front of your own net rule the day!

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Not at all.

Colliton is ideally the guy you want replacing Q.
ideally when he doesn't really have that much experience coaching ?? his only tenure is this yr in the ahl. his experience came on the Sweden hockey system/league.

for discussion purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad