GDT: 12/4/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Fair point. But not everyone is valuable simply for their scoring. Him and Killorn have/had two different roles.

I don’t think the team gave him that extension with the expectation he’d be a PP1 fixture.

Killorn played nearly the exact same role Cirelli did other than the obvious of one being a winger and the other a center, they were nearly attached at the hip, how are they completely different? If he wasn't with Killorn and Stamkos then Cooper had him next to Point and Palat.

Considering how much Cooper has shoe horned Cirelli into a top 6 role over the last 3 years he certainly did not have a pure defensive role that's effected his ability to score, he's just not very good at offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: OffBy1

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
That game was a big step forward for us and great to see us give it right back to Dallas, though I can't help but wonder what the score would have been had JJ been in net and not Vasy. If we can just reduce the great scoring chances along with continuing that level of play from last night we might actually be a decent playoff team.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
That game was a big step forward for us and great to see us give it right back to Dallas, though I can't help but wonder what the score would have been had JJ been in net and not Vasy. If we can just reduce the great scoring chances along with continuing that level of play from last night we might actually be a decent playoff team.
Vasi was a human wall. The score could very easily been in Dallas's favor.

Pierre Larouche

Jan 4, 2009
I just want to shout out how great Kuch has been, as well as Eysimot, et al. Hedman seems quicker- like he had some time over the summer to heal his body. Pointer is heating up. I just want Stammer to win face-offs and shoot unless he can pass(not on his backhand)to Kuch or whomever is open. It's been great to see glimpses of our old Lightning- with a vastly different roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad