GDT: 12/31 • Canada 7, United States 4 • Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Lahey*

I think the crowd was the deciding factor. That place was hostile, and much louder than you realize on TV. There was a 5 min lull after the third US goal but once we scored, people were going crazy.

Vic Rattlehead*

Don't get too arrogant man. Remember what our Basketball team did to yours before the Olympics. Talk about embarassing... No one in America even knows this tournament is going on, so how on earth are you putting us in our place?

No one in America? You live in America, don't you? Doesn't that negate the "no one in America" comment?

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Emotion is a big part of any sport, but it can work to your disadvantage. The taunting of the crowd and the Canadian bench totally backfired on the US. I blame the coaches for not warning their players about doing anything to motivate the Canadian team.

Sweden will be a huge challenge for the US, but if they do make it to the final, hopefully they'll have learned a big lesson from last night's game.

The game was thoroughly enjoyable. Certainly not among the best played high-level games I've ever seen, but with an unmatched emotional intensity. I'd love to see a rematch.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
The biggest thing that worries me about Canada is the blueline. They aren't overly physical despite their size and they don't have the shutdown pair that they've had in past years. Teubert can cut it but Hickey? He's never going to be mistaken for a shutdown defensemen. He's been the most underwhelming and disappointing Canadian player so far in this tournament. I've never been sold on him having much NHL upside given his lack of ability. I project him to be a #4 defensemen down the road given his lack of size/strength/shot/explosive speed. He thinks the game very well but he's been very disappointing as the longest serving member of this team.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Instant classic...what just because we are living in the microwave era,cmon!!!

Good game ...but far from greatness. Some great performances don't get me wrong, but not a great game (3rd period was not full of drama like the early action).

Bad goaltending really wrecked this from being a classic. Wait for the Sweden/Canada Gold Medal game and you might even see more, minus the cheapshots and whining/showboating.

Analyzer*

Don't get too arrogant man. Remember what our Basketball team did to yours before the Olympics. Talk about embarassing... No one in America even knows this tournament is going on, so how on earth are you putting us in our place?

And close to no one in Canada cares that much about international basketball and a few amount of people in Canada even really care about basketball at all ?

I'm sure a lot more care about this than you think, cause you know, Nascar isn't on. Though, it might be too exciting sense you only get excited ever 15 minutes in Nascar, when the cars go by.:sarcasm:

deanosaur

Feb 17, 2008
AB/MB
And close to no one in Canada cares that much about international basketball and a few amount of people in Canada even really care about basketball at all ?

I'm sure a lot more care about this than you think, cause you know, Nascar isn't on. Though, it might be too exciting sense you only get excited ever 15 minutes in Nascar, when the cars go by.:sarcasm:

No point in talking replying to him, he won't be responding for awhile ;)

YogiCanucks

Jan 1, 2007
Vancouver BC
Nice try but no, My Dad and my whole other half of my family is Canadian, I know how all of you are, I'll let you in on a secret though, 95% of the US could care less about hockey and you can beat us by 3 with 2 empty netters. So I just think it's funny how good you guys think you are compared to us. I can only hope you guys finally get what's coming to you and get some humble pie shoved right down your throat. Is their any other sport that Canada is good at?

This is what you're reduced to after a loss? SRSLY?

mooseOAK*

Instant classic...what just because we are living in the microwave era,cmon!!!

Good game ...but far from greatness. Some great performances don't get me wrong, but not a great game (3rd period was not full of drama like the early action).

Bad goaltending really wrecked this from being a classic. Wait for the Sweden/Canada Gold Medal game and you might even see more, minus the cheapshots and whining/showboating.
The TSN guys were overstating how good the game was which is understandable because the tournament in their property that it is their job to remote. It was the first game that they could think of saying anythiing good about so they went a bit overboard.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I thought it was a great game.

Huge momentum swings, lots of physicality and drama.

Some nice goals and some incredible saves late in the game.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I thought it was a great game.

Huge momentum swings, lots of physicality and drama.

Some nice goals and some incredible saves late in the game.

Same here....Definitely the best game I have even seen since 2007 Canada-USA...Actually., this tops that one. Aside from the shootout and overtime, it was okay. But the environment, goals, saves and all the drama was just great.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Team Canada defense really worries me....They're too soft except for Teubert who can't seem to make a right pass out of the defensive zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad