Post-Game Talk: 12/28/17 | Hawks 2 @ Canucks 5 | 9 points between Boeser and Vanek

Mudshark50

Nov 25, 2005
NorthVancouver
I wonder if Vanek would be down for a TDL trade and if he would come back next year on a wink wink guarantee.

He has great chemistry with Boeser + the Twins and I’m not sold on a lot of our youth making the jump next year.

If Vanek continues to play well after TDL and helps a team in the playoffs, I think he would be looking for Gagner-like term on his next contract. Not sure if that would fit here.

But, maybe we now have a Boerer Effect simliar to the Sedin-Effect in their prime years and Vanek isn't all that productive without the flow. If we get something for Vanek at TDL and he tanks in the playoffs....might be a different scenario.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
If Vanek continues to play well after TDL and helps a team in the playoffs, I think he would be looking for Gagner-like term on his next contract. Not sure if that would fit here.

But, maybe we now have a Boerer Effect simliar to the Sedin-Effect in their prime years and Vanek isn't all that productive without the flow. If we get something for Vanek at TDL and he tanks in the playoffs....might be a different scenario.

him playing himself into a contract that’s too rich (or imprudent) for us is a risk i’m willing to take. at the end of the day, the asset we’d get at the deadline is still more desirable than him coming back, 9 point bi-weeks notwithstanding.

how much did we like him when he went scoreless in 6 to kick off our losing skid?

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
him playing himself into a contract that’s too rich (or imprudent) for us is a risk i’m willing to take. at the end of the day, the asset we’d get at the deadline is still more desirable than him coming back, 9 point bi-weeks notwithstanding.

how much did we like him when he went scoreless in 6 to kick off our losing skid?

you know what that reminds me of? Marion Gaborik.

imagine if our dear leader gives Vanek that kinda contract...

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I prefer

Vanek/Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser
D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Granlund
Vanek/Baertschi-Gagner-Eriksson
Virtanen-Gaunce-Sutter
Boucher

Still not deep tho.

I don't want the twins on the top line when everyone is healthy.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
As much as I'm fully on board the tank, this was a great game to watch. Always nice beating the Hawks, even if it took two whole periods for the crowd to remember who Duncan Keith was and start booing.

Obviously, we all know which line had the big night. Boeser continues to amaze. He's just not slowing down at all. Easily the best thing about this team since Benning took over. Vanek and Gagner...well, let's see how they do when the wins don't come and Boeser is moved to another line. Still, hard to fault a 5 point game for Vanek.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Why are you downplaying those 2 games? It could very well come down to a couple points either way. Why not give him the best chance.

Cmon man, he's not winning or losing the Calder based on 2 games.

Shouldn't the thread title be amended to include Gagner??? I know we've all had our problems with that signing at times this year, but the guy played a great game tonight.

I didn't see the very end but weren't they the 3 stars??? When's the last time all 3 guys on 1 Canuck line were all 3 stars??? Must have been Sedin, Sedin, Burrows right??? I don't know, so i'm hoping somebody here does. Just as an interesting bit of trivia, if nothing else.

Kind of nuts that a 20 yr old rookie is both, our scoring phenom, but also seemingly a glue guy who makes every line he's on better. I mean his line-mates play better, not just the line is better because he's so good.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
Why are you downplaying those 2 games? It could very well come down to a couple points either way. Why not give him the best chance.
everytime I read one of your posts it's either

1. Talking about the 2 games Boeser missed because of Green
2. about how you knew we'd give up a PPG
3. about how you knew we'd give up an early goal

we get it, your psychic abilities about the canucks are unparalleled and Boeser would've won calder if Green dressed him for those 2 games. You don't have to keep repeating yourself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad