Prospect Info: 12-13' Prospects Thread Version XV: Rielly Wins WHL Eastern Conf. Dman of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I'm sure the Leafs wouldn't mind him practicing with the Marlies to get a feel of the pros.

I would hope so.

How could the next Leetch not be ranked 1st.?

Well I suppose the next Rocket in Montreal could be ranked 1st., with the number of fans they have compared to the number of fans the Leafs have?

Galchenyuk and Rielly fans choices for #1.

It's been mainly a guy name Ziba and then Gally (rightfully so here). Rielly has been very hush hush but some have given him respect not as much as others have about Ziba thats for sure.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
Can anyone who's been watching the Generals lately shed some light on how Biggs has been playing in the playoffs? It seems like the Gens are having no trouble scoring but no points for Biggs thus far. Just wondering what he's playing like, linemates, role, etc?

He has had 2 good games, 2 decent games and one game in Niagra where he didn't look very interested. Offensively he has been creating chances and being in the right areas but the puck just hasn't found him. Last night was his best game overall and had a couple very heavy one times in the slot that almost be Festerini. He has been fighting the puck a bit but has played well defensively and has been a great pker agaisnt Ritchie and Strome.

Dj Smith has been switching the lines up like crazy. Biggs so far has played with Jenner and Dal Colle, Cassells and Latour, Laughton and Lessio and i belive a couple shifts with Hughes and Dundas. These last 7 or 8 games havent been his best stretch of hockey but he has also played alot of games this year and fatigue might be kicking in a bit. This rest between series will be a good thing. Although he hasn't played that well he has been a pretty valuable player so far by creating space in the nuetral zone and his pking.

Michael Gary Scott

Toronto Maple Tron's
Apr 27, 2010
Hype around Rielly has been pretty hush hush this year. I'm all for it. Nothing in the media, little from the fans. Let him grow.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
Leafs had a lot of veterans on the Marlies this year, and for the most part (outside of Kadri and Gardiner) they lead the team offensively.

not really, other than Hamilton who has lead the charge, the Marlies get scoring from everyone and lately our prospects have been great. In the month of March alone the Marlies won 9 and lost 5.
Hamilton tore it up with 7g 5a for 12points while only playing 8 games.
Zigomanis has finally pulled his head out of his ass after sucking all year and put up 10 points (2g,8a) in 14 games.
Scott is next with 10 points (5g,5a) in 14 games but again he hasn't been producing all year.
Then it's Colborne with 9 points (4g,5a) in 14 games. he's been fantastic since the lockout ended and has 30 points in his last 35 games.
D'Amigo also with 9 points (7g,2a) in 14 games. has 15goals on the year to match his output from last year in 15 less games.
McKegg also with 9 points (1g,8a) in 14 games. he's put up 9 of his 18 points in the month of March
Ryan has 7 points (3g,4a), then Ross has 6 points (5g,1a), Abbott 6 points (4g,2a), Gardiner 6 points (6a but only 8gp), Connolly and Yeo are the next vets on the list with 4 points each in March.

So the Marlies went 9-5 in March while getting solid production out of our prospects and a few vets. they went something like 5-8 in February but i haven't gone through those stats. my point is, it hasn't been the vets leading the charge, it's been mostly our prospects since the lockout ended. In the first half of the season it was Kadri and Aucoin ripping it up along with the Marlies superb backend (most of which went to play in the NHL). Give the prospects a little credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad