GDT: 12/12/17 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ St. Louis

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I was watching Conacher a bit closer than usual and must admit that I just don't see him as a regular for our lineup. He gets blown up so easily by defenders and is constantly losing puck battles which you have to do on a bottom six line when you don't have elite scoring skills. With the improved play of Erne down in juniors, I would give Erne a try on that line with Gourde and Killorn to see what he can do. That line would be a nice physical line with some skill and grit!
It was not a strong game for him, but he had a few positive shifts.

I still don't think he's a long-term solution, though. But our best options for RW in Syracuse are 20 years old, so letting them play down there may be the best option.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It was not a strong game for him, but he had a few positive shifts.

I still don't think he's a long-term solution, though. But our best options for RW in Syracuse are 20 years old, so letting them play down there may be the best option.

This is a game I thought he should've sat but I guess Callahan was out. Brown should be playing against the bigger more physical team, Conacher had 2 meh games leading up and is just a bad matchup for the blues, it showed - he got a beating out there on some shifts.

I agree though, I think the kids are taking the reigns down in Syracuse no need to call them up barring an emergency, they'll get their chance eventually - I'd rather Conacher and Peca be getting NHL ice time in this minor role as guys who've paid their dues.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, it'd be different if we were looking for wins. Conacher's not a liability or anything, so there's no reason to swap him until somebody in the A needs a few NHL games.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
He plays 8 to 10 minutes a game and plays well, seems like we are digging deep looking for problems....... Which is a good thing !!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad