GDT: 11th Anniversary Edition of "2006 Was A Fraud!"

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
I agree if we're talking about the UFA goalie market. There's usually not much ever which is why we targeted Darling to begin with. But at some point we're going to have to bite the bullet to give up the assets to solve our goalie problem. We can't keep doing the Lack/Darling specials.

Canes have Ned, Booth, Helvig, LaFontaine, and Makiniemi in the pipeline.

Draft, develop, and retain.

Much better than "biting the bullet" and accepting the winner's curse.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
I hope we hold on to McKeown. I'm scared of our right side depth if Faulk and/or TVR leave in the future. I hate having d-men play their offside. Unless they prefer it, it's usually always a disaster waiting to happen.
There is Luke Martin, I believe he will be a good R side D for us in a few years, so maybe we can keep Carrick, he is pretty good. Actually I like both of them, it`s a good problem to have IMO

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Canes have Ned, Booth, Helvig, LaFontaine, and Makiniemi in the pipeline.

Draft, develop, and retain.

Much better than "biting the bullet" and accepting the winner's curse.
Unless you have a top #5 goaltending prospect in the world, you can never go wrong acquiring a proven goaltender. Even then, this is arguable depending on the goalie you can acquire.

None of those goalies you listed particularly inspire confidence in the future. Deciding to just roll with one of them can set you back years.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
There is Luke Martin, I believe he will be a good R side D for us in a few years, so maybe we can keep Carrick, he is pretty good. Actually I like both of them, it`s a good problem to have IMO
Carrick is a lefty though.

I like Martin too, though. He appears to be another solid pick. I fully expect him to turn pro next year.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
This.

I've been hugely critical of Cam. But watching Darling become a headcase is even more unsettling. I'm being 100% honest here when I say I've never seen a goalie regularly have such bad body language every time they give up a goal. Darling pouts way too much for my liking. I understand his unique story and that it's his first time as a starter in the NHL but grow up dude. I get shelled 10x worse than you 2x a week, and sometimes I have to pay for that honor.

So you frequently give up 16 goals? ...I wouldn't mind playing for the other team?...Otoh...maybe start a pay to score program?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad