GDT: 11th Anniversary Edition of "2006 Was A Fraud!"

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Unlike a lot of you that go to the games, I wasn't really aware that I hated the Sabres or their fans. But a quick read through their GDT and I think I get it. I wish them nothing but a continued lack of any success whatsoever.

it's weird because I have great admiration for Bills fans, but yeah, Sabers fans are pretty hard to stomach. Every time I read their board I feel like I need to go take a crying game shower after.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Most arrogant sports city ever. For no reason to boot.

I work and have worked with tons of Western NY people. They are a special breed of miserable. I usually don't mind Northerners who move south in search of better weather and cheaper living. Not them, though.

Surprisingly Massholes and people from New Jersey seem to be the nicest when they move here

This. And the most misrable people in the U.S. Army are the 10th Mountain Divison, which is in Ft. Drum right outside Buffalo in Watertown. Something about having to sleep outside in snow drifts just makes a man ugly inside.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The Second Coming of Cameron M-F'ing Ward. Ride that sonofabitch until his lower back gives out or a Blue Jacket cuts him to the bone with a skate.
This.

I've been hugely critical of Cam. But watching Darling become a headcase is even more unsettling. I'm being 100% honest here when I say I've never seen a goalie regularly have such bad body language every time they give up a goal. Darling pouts way too much for my liking. I understand his unique story and that it's his first time as a starter in the NHL but grow up dude. I get shelled 10x worse than you 2x a week, and sometimes I have to pay for that honor.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
This.

I've been hugely critical of Cam. But watching Darling become a headcase is even more unsettling. I'm being 100% honest here when I say I've never seen a goalie regularly have such bad body language every time they give up a goal. Darling pouts way too much for my liking. I understand his unique story and that it's first time as a starter in the NHL but grow up dude. I get shelled 10x worse than you 2x a week, and sometimes I have to pay for that honor.

Is it our goalie coach? How many have we changed since we gave that stoner Kirk Muller the job? IMHO there should be enough leadership on the staff to get him through this. Its outraageous that a sports team worth hundreds of millions can't figure this out. He just needs a ruthless disciplinarian to kick off in his ass.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Dalhbeck is looking decent on his natural side as well, still I want to see Fleury back, but he is a serviceable 7th D for us for sure.
Overall I've been way more impressed with Fleury but he has hit a rough patch the last several games, definitely. Neither really scream playoff hockey though. Neither seem to challenge each other enough.

I want to see another guy like Carrick or McKeown challenge them. But I know we can't and shouldn't carry 8 D

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The hardest thing about the Pens last 2 cup victories was JR GMing those teams.

Pens fans seem to revere him as a god now, blaming his failures here mostly on PK. JR deserves credit for all 3 of his Cup wins, but he's still not an architect of a team. He's just the finisher once they have major assets in place. In case of the Cup here, I hate to say it but that was more fluke GMing skills than competence. I'll take it though.

I still hate him though.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
I would love to do a guest GDT for a Stars-Sabres game and call it "BRETT HULL'S LEFT FOOT."
Savage

Overall I've been way more impressed with Fleury but he has hit a rough patch the last several games, definitely. Neither really scream playoff hockey though. Neither seem to challenge each other enough.

I want to see another guy like Carrick or McKeown challenge them. But I know we can't and shouldn't carry 8 D
There is inner competition between them for sure in Francis eyes. I agree that he has not been that good lately, but his overall game this season has been decent, especially as a rookie. As for Carrick or McKeown, sooner or later we will need to trade at least one, because they can be play at NHL level.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Savage

There is inner competition between them for sure in Francis eyes. I agree that he has not been that good lately, but his overall game this season has been decent, especially as a rookie. As for Carrick or McKeown, sooner or later we will need to trade at least one, because they can be play at NHL level.
I hope we hold on to McKeown. I'm scared of our right side depth if Faulk and/or TVR leave in the future. I hate having d-men play their offside. Unless they prefer it, it's usually always a disaster waiting to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->